Thread: Looking for History

72 superlite
    http://community.webshots.com/storag...SuzRTtn_ph.jpg
    Can anybody guess which member this boat belongs to? Now for the tough part, does anybody out there know any history on this boat before the current owner? Check out the other boats in the NorCal Navy pictured with it. This is a dream toybox, I mean garage. Oh yeah, there must be more old pics out there somewhere, lets see them. One more thing, anybody know of any of the old race boats still out there, ie Climax, Jokers Wild, Panic Mouse, Texan and so many others? I know some of these were crashed, but there were others before the crashed ones.

Costello
    Climax is a lake boat now in the Central Valley. It has a gold paint scheme with a blown gas hemi and is a beautiful boat. There is a member of CVDCOA that lives in the Bay Area that has the old Proud Mary BFH, it is also a lake boat. The only BFF that I know of that is still around is Kim and Eric's Blurred Vision TAF which was the old Master Blaster BFF. I'm sure many other hot lake boats around today have a racing pedigree that even their owners may know nothing about.

Costello
    Correction, the gold hydro in the Central Valley IS NOT CLIMAX. I had a fun e-mail exchange about this boat last night with a reader and he too has seen this boat represented as CLIMAX, but it is not. Sorry for the confusion and misinformation.
    [This message has been edited by Costello (edited January 08, 2002).]

Backfire
    Looks a lot like a garage I visited once in Hayward. As I recall, the two "charged" boats are a Howard and a Hondo,each powered by oversized 460 Fords, and the boat in the foreground is a 390 powered Stevens. I was in town from my tank truckin job and had a nice visit with my new friend, also a trucker!