Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hull identity?

396_Z
    Well it took some time but I finally got around to getting the pics, can anybody identify this hull? I know it's about a 70 vintage and preety solid. No ID plate anywhere on it. 18'6" and sporting original gel. I can get better angles if I need to.
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/V-Drives/DSC00001.JPG[/img]
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/V-Drives/DSC00002.JPG[/img]
    any ideas?
    [ October 31, 2002, 09:13 PM: Message edited by: 396_Z ]

V-Drive Tom
    396_Z, I don't know but the lines are good! Sometimes the plate across the transom,holding the control rod,can be covering ID numbers.
    Don't worry man! That thing will work good,To 90 MPH!! Maybe more!! Your gunna dig it! TOM..

Riptide01
    Sometimes with the early 70's boats. (Sanger)
    The hull id was on the inside of the transom.

GofastRacer
    396_Z, it looks like you got the makins for a fun toy there!!...

It looks to be a late 60s Hondo. Look inside the right rear on the transom for a hull number, thats where they usually are before they were embossed on the outside of the transom starting around 1972-73

396_Z
    Thanks for the replies guys. Like I've said before I have no real idea of the make/model of the hull and with this being my first boat I'm unfamiliar with the different manufacturers.
    Still for what I paid for a boat with 90% of everything needed to get it going including brand new Bassett O/T's and a rebuilt engine I think I did ok on the deal. I just wonder what the guy who set it up last was thinking when they went with a 15p prop and 29's in the drive, I doubt that the peewee 428 ford it had could ever run that combo.

vdrivenman
    i think i see registration numbers posted on the hull. have u tried having the fish and game or local law enforcement run those numbers. all the hull information should be contained in the registration that returns on those numbers.

396_Z
    Yup, those are reg # right next to the '93 reg sticker. Theres a small snafu with the title, seems the owner had traded it for some work on his Harley and the work didn't get done so he picked up the boat when he picked up the bike. Too bad he didn't get the title and interior at the same time...
    Oh well, I have it now and if I don't get the title I'll reg it as a homebuilt. I may yet get the shaft on the deal but I have signed reciepts and a bill of sale on it in case anything comes up.

spectra75
    396 Z,
    Nice looking ride. About the title, it sounds like, a, it's STOLEN. Be careful. You'd hate to put a bunch of work into it and have it impounded. Clear the title first. Good luck and have fun with your project.

396_Z
    It's not stolen, that much I know. The previous owner had it for 9 yearsand I work with a guy who has known him for longer than that. Nope, not a thief, just a flake.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast