Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thought I would pass along the SAD NEWS!!!

DansBlown73Nordic
    Those of you who attended Lake Anna last year, you should remember the three legged dog. She lossed her leg due to cancer......Known by some as Ilene Dover...She passed away last Saturday.
    She was a GREAT Dog...Im sure Jim will really miss her.

Wet Dream
    Sorry to hear it.

Jim W
    Thanks for the kind words Dan.
    It is appreciated....
    If there is such a thing as doggie heaven, she certainly is up there.
    Be good, Jim

General Lee II
    I'm really sorry to hear that, she was a really cool dog. Our Doberman Cindy died last month so I can identify with your sadness. Condolences for your loss.

Wet Dream
    Thanks for the kind words Dan.
    It is appreciated....
    If there is such a thing as doggie heaven, she certainly is up there.
    Be good, Jim
    Of course there is a Doggie Heaven...as well as a Doggie HELL...my yellow lab came straight from hell and is here to unleash his wrath.
    Hey Jim, would you like a 3 year old male yellow lab...I mean a very light colored black retreiver that has short hair and almost looks yellow?

Jim W
    Of course there is a Doggie Heaven...as well as a Doggie HELL...my yellow lab came straight from hell and is here to unleash his wrath.
    Hey Jim, would you like a 3 year old male yellow lab...I mean a very light colored black retreiver that has short hair and almost looks yellow?
    Thank you very much for the offer but as I told Dan last night, Veronica was a "once in a lifetime dog".
    Quite honestly, dont think I would be happy with any other dog.
    She was just that good of a dog...."Bullet proof" as I used to call her.
    Ever had a dog that would actually look you in the eyes??? Veronica would.
    She sometimes, would get herself into a new/strange/scary situation and would look to me for direction or comfort. That dog totally trusted me as I did her....
    Thanks again for the offer but I could without any regrets, never own another dog again and be happy with what I had with my dog, Veronica.....
    Be good, Jim

MizBubba
    Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
    When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
    All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
    They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
    You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
    Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
    Author unknown...

LAND_LOVER69
    Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
    When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
    All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
    They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
    You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
    Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
    Author unknown...
    Now that my friend was very touching!

Jim W
    This was sent to me in a PM---- thank you by the way....
    dogs
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Some one sent this to me when I lost my yellow lab of 14 years. I must have read it hundred times.
    DOGS DON'T HAVE SOULS, DO THEY?
    I remember bringing you home. You were so small and cuddly with your tiny paws and soft fur.You bounced around the room with eyes flashing and ears flopping. Once in awhile, you'd let out a little yelp, just to let me know this was your territory. Making a mess of the house and chewing on everything in sight became a passion, and when I scolded you, you just put your head down and looked up at me with those innocent eyes, as if to say, "I'm sorry, but I'll do it again as soon as you're not watching."
    As you got older, you protected me by looking out the window and barking at everyone who walked by.When I had a tough day at work, you would be waiting for me with your tail wagging just to say, "Welcome home. I missed you." You never had a bad day, and I could always count on you to be there for me. When I sat down to read the paper and watch TV, you would hop on my lap, looking for attention. You never asked for anything more than to have me pat your head so you could go to sleep with your head over my leg.
    As you got older, you moved around more slowly. Then, one day, old age finally took its toll, and you couldn't stand on those wobbly legs anymore. I knelt down and patted you lying there, trying to make you young again. You just looked up at me as if to say you were old and tired and that after all these years of not asking for anything, you had to ask me for one last favor.With tears in my eyes, I drove you one last time to the vet. One last time, you were lying next to me. For some strange reason, you were able to stand up in the animal hospital; perhaps it was your sense of pride.
    As the vet led you away, you stopped for an instant, turned your head, and looked at me as if to say, "Thank you for taking care of me."
    I thought, "No, thank you for taking care of me."
    Dogs........are good people
    Be good, Jim

MizBubba
    Dogs........are good people
    Amen to that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast