Thread: First blower questions for alky injected

DUECE'SDAD
    Got the long block built for a blown motor that im putting in my boat, nothing radical . . . standard 60 over 427 eagle rods dart iron heads gm steel crank SRP 11.5 to 1 pistons. . . Anyways the blower i was going to use was a standard street gasoline 6-71 littlefeild that was ran on a corvette for a few hours on injected gasoline. . .
    Im thinking of keeping the boost down and using an 8-71 but my question is should i use the street blower which Im pretty sure isnt stripped or what should i buy ? ? ?

IMPATIENT 1
    Got the long block built for a blown motor that im putting in my boat, nothing radical . . . standard 60 over 427 eagle rods dart iron heads gm steel crank SRP 11.5 to 1 pistons. . . Anyways the blower i was going to use was a standard street gasoline 6-71 littlefeild that was ran on a corvette for a few hours on injected gasoline. . .
    Im thinking of keeping the boost down and using an 8-71 but my question is should i use the street blower which Im pretty sure isnt stripped or what should i buy ? ? ?
    your gonna have to keep the boost way low with that much compression, the 6-71 will be plenty i bet. s.o.b. will have a nice smooth torque curve from 2k up fo sure!

Liberator TJ1984
    DD, I am building a short block that will be at 12.5-1 for alky , still have lots of low end grunt , and I won't have to rag on the blower to make power at the upper level rpm's also , saying this , you would not have to lean on your 6/71 to make alot of boost to get the HP , you are compensating by using a higher static comp.ratio
    I started a thread awhile back ,and lots of folks recommened between
    11.5 - 13.5 static for alky.

Infomaniac
    Just run the blower that you have. After you change the rear bearings.
    Yep the big compression works good but the tuning window is smaller with the higher compession.

Kurtis500
    If you want to build a lot of compression you will want a stripped blower. When I ran a non-stripped blower years ago, the boost leveled off as I got into the 12-15-18% overdrive area.

Badburn
    I ran a non stripped street blower on my blown alky 548. It worked real good.

BLOWNDEAVER
    alky right? In the new keith black chevrolet that will be in the PRO MOD we put 11.5 to 1 comp,give me a shout !

dossangers
    Im thinking of keeping the boost down and using an 8-71 but my question is should i use the street blower which Im pretty sure isnt stripped or what should i buy ? ? ? I run a mert 8/71 16% over I would run it 10 to 15 % over why not use the power thats why your running alky the comps. ok That thing will live just fine run the blower make the power its more fun!!

DUECE'SDAD
    Well the 6-71 ended up being stripped so that will be the one im using, i did alot a reasearch about the compression ratio and i was never woried about that. I figured when i posted the cr that all the people that havent reasearched it would comment, thanks for the help !!!