Thread: help id this flattie

meaniam
    anyone ever remember seeing a boat like this or know the history on it, if there is any. we sold it earlier this year. the kid had the cap refiberglassed. and now he wants to sell it back to me. he was in over his head. he did cut the board that ran between the 2 seats. how will that effect the boat? alright ill say what i have been told about the history and looking for anyone that remebers or can fill in the blanks
    we had bought this in 96 from an older guy in havasu. he said that arizona speed and marine owned it and they had a driver that circle raced this for some time.
    somethings about the boat. we had it repainted but the paint is very similar. the boat use to be called flat pain in the ass. or flat line or something similar. if you look at the transome you will see it was sunk in. (that may help) becuase i never seen one like that before it is a 64 rayson craft. wood decker but was fiberglassed over before we ever bought it. thats all i know. any help or idea greatly appreciated.
    mike
    http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...ISCPICS174.jpg
    http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...ISCPICS173.jpg

Moneypitt
    The motor is in the wrong way to circle race. Unless someone has done a lot of changes I doubt it was ever circle raced...........MP

meaniam
    The motor is in the wrong way to circle race. Unless someone has done a lot of changes I doubt it was ever circle raced...........MP
    on circle boat (vdrives the motors face forward as they do in a car) whats the shaft run off of then. i wish i would have snapped some pics of the hardware. i really dont know much. but the cassel was located at the divider board between the front and rear seat

GofastRacer
    Circle boats drive off the front of the crank to get prop torque to the left.There are different ways of doing it depending wether the crank is internally or externally balanced. I balanced mine internally so all I need is a hub that slides on the crank instead of a counterweighted dampner or hub of somekind!..
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/505/12Done.jpg

GN117"Big Dawg"
    Hey Art! Long time there, bud! I heard you were asking for me at the Parker race this Thanksgiving, thanks for thinking of us!
    Looking at that little flattie, I'm thinking early (prior to the model that ol' Circle Jerk Boyd likes so much) Laveycraft. The swoppie gunwal rail is the tip off (to my eyes). The Turttle Trunk style was splashed off of Bud Murphy's ERR Poty, then became the boats to beat untill the "B" boats began to dominate the sprinters!
    Does that line up with your memory Art?

CircleJerk
    Hey Art! Long time there, bud! I heard you were asking for me at the Parker race this Thanksgiving, thanks for thinking of us!
    Looking at that little flattie, I'm thinking early (prior to the model that ol' Circle Jerk Boyd likes so much) Laveycraft. The swoppie gunwal rail is the tip off (to my eyes). The Turttle Trunk style was splashed off of Bud Murphy's ERR Poty, then became the boats to beat untill the "B" boats began to dominate the sprinters!
    Why Mr Big Dawg.....thought you might have got lost!? big guy! You can see I'm kissin up to ya cause I miss you so.......and you talk nice to poor Banjoless swabbies like me! Who happen to own 2 of those worthless Laveys! Take care Dawg and ART, isnt that a vapor proof or anti vapor lock pressure tank for circle cars? I have one I need help with, a kinsler in a Jackson 9 piece. Your manual pump pressurizes the tank & nozzles and then a check valve holds it when running? Or do you have to have an electric primer pump?
    jErK

GofastRacer
    Hey Gary, nice to hear from ya, thought maybe you fell off the face of the earth, LOL... I was kinda thinking the same thing but I don't remember the transom having that indentation though???...

GofastRacer
    Why Mr Big Dawg.....thought you might have got lost!? big guy! You can see I'm kissin up to ya cause I miss you so.......and you talk nice to poor Banjoless swabbies like me! Who happen to own 2 of those worthless Laveys! Take care Dawg and ART, isnt that a vapor proof or anti vapor lock pressure tank for circle cars? I have one I need help with, a kinsler in a Jackson 9 piece. Your manual pump pressurizes the tank & nozzles and then a check valve holds it when running? Or do you have to have an electric primer pump?
    jErK
    Boyd, that is not a Kinsler deal I made that myself, no pressure just a return line to the tank at the height of the inlet. That is where the fuel level is so no need for a primer. There is an easy start valve at the fuel shutoff to prevent fuel from draining back from the nozzles so there's fuel at all times, starts right up!..

meaniam
    hey thanks everyone else that have looked at this to try and help me out on this. right now i am really confused as to what is going on here im not sure which replys were addressed to me or not. so if someone could orginze this that would be great i really would like to know more about this boat. even if i dont find info i will proably buy it back really intersted on the divider board. wheather him cutting it out will affect the boat and how.
    i owe a big thank you to corleone17. him sending the video to me really might have light the fire back on me. and my 69 raysoncraft might no longer be for sale. i just really need to find someplace to store it. so nobody rips mystuff off. that is the only thing blocking me for right now. boy thank god my wife dont look at this site.....i'd be in some real deep shit for these thoughts. well thru the holidays.. anyone that may have a spot to place my boat that would help greatly, and my battle would be done before it begins. if i do keep my boat. i plan on searching out more flattie owners to get to know and hang with i need help staying focused and it would be great to ask questions when i get stuck... we will see how this plays out... i just may go from selling all my stuff to keeping the one i have and getting the one i use to have.
    i just hate when johnny law does the search and destroy mission on loud boats.... if i do keep it i will post some pics and call it Nyphomaniac <sp>
    mike