WTF is up with these things? They seem to shrink,crack and go brittle way too often.
Does one type of fuel attack and destroy these o-rings? I run different fuels depending on what Im doing, this carb has seen pump,av,C-16 and Sunoco 116 (once)
At the IHBA world finals I was forced to run this Sunoco as they sponsored the race or something, anyways everthing was dialed all weekend long. After the race the boat just sat there for a few weeks with fuel in the bowls,the other day I turned the fuel pump on and saw a problem,finally diagnosed the o-rings being shot.When I pulled them off the needle they just disentigrated in my hand.SHOT! Saw the same thing happen on my 496.
It makes me think that the sunoco attacked the rubber o-rings..I also found that one of my XRP hose ends developed a leak (was not leaking all season) which just backs up my thoughts on the sunoco.
Or....maybe that new pump gas (ethanol) is attacking the rubber and its just a coincedence that both o-rings failed at the same time, and it has nothing to do with the 116.
Any thoughts on this?