Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ok this is serious....need advise

a catered life
    i just finished my bachalors degree in management and was thinking about going for my masters....how many of you reap the real payoff from your masters or do you feel your bachalors was enough:idea:

NOTALENT
    Shit...I need to go back and get my AA....I just need 15units!!!

Jordy
    Shit...I need to go back and get my AA....
    Actually I think they said you need to go to AA and you just misunderstood.

NOTALENT
    Actually I think they said you need to go to AA and you just misunderstood.
    Fock....well that explains the secuirty guards walking me out of all my classes....

Jbb
    In the word's of the immortal Emil Faber..."Knowledge is good"...
    http://www.geocities.com/NapaValley/...rs/belushi.jpg

Jordy
    OK, now back to the topic at hand... I'd say if you have a target career in mind and you'll have an edge over the other people in the field with a masters, go for it. Anymore, a BA is almost like having a high school degree. I've got my diploma sitting right next to me on my desk. It's just something else to dust around here.

Kilrtoy
    Is it gonna get you a better paid postion
    , then again it never hurts to have that it just gets expensive from here on out

voodoomedman
    Depends on what you want to do. The saying about it being like a college diploma I think was made up by teachers and school officials who want to encourage you to at least get some sort of degree. How many people actually have an AA let alone a BS or BA? Not alot.
    Anyways in my case, in my company I think a Masters would only help if I wanted to be vice president or something very high up like that. I don't so it's not worth the time and money. So yes sometimes it is needed but it is usually more helpful if you just want something that gives you that extra edge. But at what cost do you get that. Other than that some people just love to go to school all their lives.

Havasu_Dreamin
    If your employer will pay for the Masters degree education you absolutely should get it since it is free, or basically free. Now if I would only took my own advice.....

Jbb

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast