Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amp?

Eliminator 4 Life
    Whats a good 4 or 5 channel amp to push about 600 to 1000 watts. I want something good qualtiy that will push my whole system. Thanks Rob

mbrown2
    Some that I like are:
    PPI DCX 1000.4
    Rockford Fosgate 15004
    Phoenix Gold Ti900.7 (if you can find them)
    Phoenix Gold Xenon 200x4
    Autotek SX-777 - 75W x 6 + 250W x 1
    JL Audio 500-5
    In addition the 7005 Kicker that SWB mentions is nice since it actually has a class D amp built in to the same chassis for the sub channel....I am not sure if the other 5 channels out there have that. I run the 5005 JL in my truck and it is nice and is best matched to a single 12W3v2...for the sub

jbtrailerjim
    ARC AUDIO (http://www.arcaudio.com/arc-05/index.htm) I run ARC in my boat and my truck. I'm very happy with there performance. They kick ass.

Eliminator 4 Life
    ARC AUDIO (http://www.arcaudio.com/arc-05/index.htm) I run ARC in my boat and my truck. I'm very happy with there performance. They kick ass.
    Jb glad to hear you run Arc my good friend is a ARC rep and that is all I got in my boat and I love it and will probably go with there product in my truck beacuase if I ever have a problem I know who to go to.

Beer-30
    If you go with a 5 channel hybrid for whole system, PUT A FAN ON IT. Or better yet, 2 fans. Have tried it before in two boats and the heat is phenominal. Packing the power of an entire system into one box just really turns up the heat. I am not saying it's not the best thing for you to do, I am just giving you a heads up on the heat issue. :rollside:

ROZ
    DEI has a great high powered hybrid 5 channel amp. It's called the D2205

Beer-30
    Speaking of DEI, I plan on running mostly / if not all Orion. Either 1 H2-15 or 2 H2-12s with a 2500D and then an 800.4 running my 8 Eclipse SE8945s. With a fan on each, vented out from behind the seat. I have a great local dealer that gives me incredible prices. They really recommend the DEI products. Must be a best kept secret, eh? Ooops.
    BTW ROZ, what is your take on ported vs. sealed. I have the room to do either. I am thinking the H2-15 in a slot loaded enlosure would be nice for open-air boat type install. Since I value your opinion, what do you think?

ROZ
    41.5'

Beer-30
    http://www.directed.com/audio/amps/i..._multichan.jpg
    D2205
    5 channel hybrid
    125W x 4 @ 2 ohm, 600W x 1 @ 1 ohm, SUB
    W:10-3/4
    H:2-1/2
    L:25-1/4
    That's all from the website. 2 feet long!

Beer-30
    Hey ROZ, mid-way through this post, I looked for your opinion on ported vs. sealed for what I plan to run. Would you take a look at the post for me? I value your opinion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast