Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: True FED EX story

Eliminator 4 Life
    Sometimes when you order things you have no control on what freight company they use. Well I had two packages that were supposed to be at my house yesterday one was fed ex home and one was fed ex ground and they both leave the same yard in Stockton Ca. Well I get home at 945 last night after working a well over 12 hour day at UPS. I see one package at my door so I go online looking up the tracking numbers it shows the one they left on the porch at 430 and I look up the other and it shows an exception scan at 6pm saying resident not home or buisness closed no notice on my door nothing. So my question is does it make sense money wise to send two trucks to my house. Why dont they leave it at the door there is no signature required for it. How would I even know they tried to deliver it if I didnt have the net and could go look. I tell you some people are shady and this is not a proper way to run a business oh and to make matter worst I called the 800 number i was real polite with the first guy he hung up on me and I was on hold for 20 mins. GREAT JOB FED EX now I know why you are number 2.

RitcheyRch
    You would have thought that the second truck would have left the other package next to the first package.

GHT
    Sometimes when you order things you have no control on what freight company they use. Well I had two packages that were supposed to be at my house yesterday one was fed ex home and one was fed ex ground and they both leave the same yard in Stockton Ca. Well I get home at 945 last night after working a well over 12 hour day at UPS. I see one package at my door so I go online looking up the tracking numbers it shows the one they left on the porch at 430 and I look up the other and it shows an exception scan at 6pm saying resident not home or buisness closed no notice on my door nothing. So my question is does it make sense money wise to send two trucks to my house. Why dont they leave it at the door there is no signature required for it. How would I even know they tried to deliver it if I didnt have the net and could go look. I tell you some people are shady and this is not a proper way to run a business oh and to make matter worst I called the 800 number i was real polite with the first guy he hung up on me and I was on hold for 20 mins. GREAT JOB FED EX now I know why you are number 2.
    They are only as big as they are now because of the UPS strike in 97.... That UPS strike made Fed Ex what they are today. I agree UPS is the best of all mail / package delivery companies BUT if they ever go on strike again I would wager Fed Ex WILL be number one.. Good Job Teamsters trying to break another company.

LGCDEVIL
    I can schedule a pickup in the AM and they will deliver one or two times in the same day and not pick up the outgoing. Then will show up a third time for the pick up. Not too efficient, but they must have their reasons.

GHT
    I can schedule a pickup in the AM and they will deliver one or two times in the same day and not pick up the outgoing. Then will show up a third time for the pick up. Not too efficient, but they must have their reasons.
    UPS will run the same route three (3) times. #1. Is to get all the Next Day Air to its destination prior to 10am. #2. Is for regular delivery (usually not pick ups because the truck is too full and loaded in order) #3. Is for all the pick ups. Actually it runs very effecently.

lawbreaker2
    Tah, I sometimes wonder about these big companys, My co. will have be go to a store to drop a load ( 26 pallets) and then pick up a pallet from that store and take it 100 miles to another store cuz there out of it, But I won't get there till after they close, and there will be another truck coming in sometime over night.

Kilrtoy
    What did he say
    Eliminators rule DCB sucks
    or was this about some OTHER mail company:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Warlockjer
    I got two packages the same day from FedEx, Two different trucks. When I asked they told me one was Fed Ex ground and the other was Fed Ex overnight. Two different divisions... Pretty efficient

voodoomedman
    I got two packages the same day from FedEx, Two different trucks. When I asked they told me one was Fed Ex ground and the other was Fed Ex overnight. Two different divisions... Pretty efficient
    That's because it's two different companies. FedEx Ground is RPS rebranded.

Warlockjer
    So NOW I know

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast