Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: True FED EX story

Fed Ex was at my door 2 nights ago at 10:30pm...... Pretty crazy shit.

Dave C
    .... says that guy that works for UPS. LOL

Sleek-Jet
    .... says that guy that works for UPS. LOL
    UPS sux....

Aqua Boogie1
    That's because it's two different companies. FedEx Ground is RPS rebranded.
    I was waiting for someone to mention this. My company, Fed Ex has bought a lot of smaller companies to try and keep pace with UPS. UPS has thier store, Fed Ex bought Kinko's. The real and first Fed Ex is the overnight, all the others, Ground, Home, Custom Critical, Logistics are all new within the past 2years or so. And yes, if it wasn't for the strike that UPS had, we wouldn't be as close of a #2 than we are now. One more, and we may take the number one spot. But if that happens, I don't think we can handle the numbers..................................So give us a break Rob!!!!!!

voodoomedman
    I was waiting for someone to mention this. My company, Fed Ex has bought a lot of smaller companies to try and keep pace with UPS. UPS has thier store, Fed Ex bought Kinko's. The real and first Fed Ex is the overnight, all the others, Ground, Home, Custom Critical, Logistics are all new within the past 2years or so. And yes, if it wasn't for the strike that UPS had, we wouldn't be as close of a #2 than we are now. One more, and we may take the number one spot. But if that happens, I don't think we can handle the numbers..................................So give us a break Rob!!!!!!
    It seems like but I hope you know I was just stating fact and not disparaging your company. Not my style. I was letting everyone know why there are two different trucks. It's actually a huge competitive advantage for us. Competition is good. If it wasn't for you guys we would still be the best at getting the package from a to b but there would be alot of other things that would suffer. I mean alot.

Aqua Boogie1
    Oh I know, we're still learning how to catch UPS.

Boatlesss
    It is more about the employee than it is the company for the most part.
    I used to ship UPS, Fed Ex called and under cut UPS by 60% so FU UPS!
    But, the Fed ex drivers leave something to be desired.
    I shipped a package and the package should have been there on a Friday. The business was waiting and waiting, tracking said it was out for delivery.
    Nothing ever came. Seems the driver was too lazy to deliver and made up a fake customer not there and requested a later delivery date.
    ?? The customer called and asked why I had made this request, I called Fed Ex and they said they reciever requested this. .. I said B.S., your driver wanted to leave early on Friday and not have a heavy day on Mon. by delaying it until Tues.
    This happens all over the US.
    UPS will deliver early. 3 day air will get there in 2 days often. UPS has a 6' Drop requirement which means the package has to survive being dropped from a 6' height. Belive me UPS test this with all their packages.
    UPS is a Union and that is a problem for the customers, Fed Ex isn't but they do not have the distribution network that UPS has.
    Fed Ex Home is okay, but they do not deliver early, they do not deliver on Mondays, but they do deliver late Tue-Sat.
    If the post office had their shit together I'd use them exclusively. Unfornatutely, the GOV makes it too difficult to drop off packages as they are not set up for a business drop off. Cannot afford to stand in lines for ever and see the "closed" plaque with the person sitting there polishing HIS nails.
    UPS rates suck so I'll stay with FED EX.

Aqua Boogie1
    I've never heard of the 6' drop requirement, but nonetheless, its a different world from customer to employee. Sales people will say anything to close a deal. I worked for UPS twice, and the way the packages fly at UPS and Fed EX internally. The 6' foot drop rule would be great!!! And you know, alot of people don't know how UPS and Fed EX can get a package from Cali to New York overnite. We do tours here in Oakland and once people see the sort operations, they are surprised that thier package gets to where its suppose to be on time.

NvrL84Fun
    Sometimes when you order things you have no control on what freight company they use. Well I had two packages that were supposed to be at my house yesterday one was fed ex home and one was fed ex ground and they both leave the same yard in Stockton Ca. Well I get home at 945 last night after working a well over 12 hour day at UPS. I see one package at my door so I go online looking up the tracking numbers it shows the one they left on the porch at 430 and I look up the other and it shows an exception scan at 6pm saying resident not home or buisness closed no notice on my door nothing. So my question is does it make sense money wise to send two trucks to my house. Why dont they leave it at the door there is no signature required for it. How would I even know they tried to deliver it if I didnt have the net and could go look. I tell you some people are shady and this is not a proper way to run a business oh and to make matter worst I called the 800 number i was real polite with the first guy he hung up on me and I was on hold for 20 mins. GREAT JOB FED EX now I know why you are number 2.
    And they charge for that level of service!

They are only as big as they are now because of the UPS strike in 97.... That UPS strike made Fed Ex what they are today. I agree UPS is the best of all mail / package delivery companies BUT if they ever go on strike again I would wager Fed Ex WILL be number one.. Good Job Teamsters trying to break another company.
    You shouldnt talk shit about the Teamsters. That is a strong union that looks out for its members. If it wasnt for unions a schumk like myself would probably only make $30,000 or $40,000. That aint shit! Unions are the only power the working man has. It wouldnt be in their best intrest to break the company. Too many big companies try to screw their employees. The very same employees that make that company all their money. Thats all I have to say about that.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast