Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: True FED EX story

boater250s
    If you think that UNION strike helped the employee's at UPS you are turely off.
    Since the strike, UPS has not achieved the same level of business they had before the stirke. How many years has it been?
    There are fewer employees needed now and a smaller work force at UPS. What exactly did the employees gain again?
    Fewer workers recieved more pay? What about the workers that are no longer there?
    Remember, the union did not screw UPS. End result it screwed UPS customers.
    The power a working man has is his ability to add value to the company he/she/it works for.
    In my opinion, UPS volume has gone way up over the years, and in Southern California the feeder department [big rigs] has almost doubled. UPS still handles six out of every ten packages, this includes (FEDEX, USPS, DHC, etc.) UPS handles 15 million a day, and 21 million on their busiest day during the Christmas season, granted, their service isn't as good as it once was-but what service is?
    We have the young kids coming in for the old timers that are retiring, or new hires, because of the increased amount of volume. They just don't have the same work ethic as you and I.

voodoomedman
    In my opinion, UPS volume has gone way up over the years, and in Southern California the feeder department [big rigs] has almost doubled. UPS still handles six out of every ten packages, this includes (FEDEX, USPS, DHC, etc.) UPS handles 15 million a day, and 21 million on their busiest day during the Christmas season, granted, their service isn't as good as it once was-but what service is?
    We have the young kids coming in for the old timers that are retiring, or new hires, because of the increased amount of volume. They just don't have the same work ethic as you and I.
    Dead on. It is getting better and will continue to get better. I have seen some great service # increases over the past year and a half. No stopping point but on the right track.

Jrocket
    Most here hate unions.
    Not me! Local 12 crane operator.

djunkie
    Nice!!!

Jrocket
    Nice!!!
    ahhh its a living,havent killed anybody yet...so I got that going for me.

Havasu1986
    Me either, Local 709 Fire Sprinklers

Thats why I said most, not all.
    Local SUPT here.......

ILWU Local 13 -Linesman / Lines relief dispatcher

SandbarScot
    A Fed Ex truck was just involved in a fatal crash in Rialto about an hour ago. I do not believe the deceased is the Fed Ex driver.

CornWater
    Boy Rob... I should take a picture of the box that arrived from UPS today... It was clearly marked "fragile" on all sides, and looked like it had been in a tornado...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast