Thread: Ski Drags @ Marine Stadium

wolfie
    Anyone have any pics of the ski drags from the '70s at marine stadium or anywhere else? I was talking with a co-worker about it and he was curious to see. Please post them if you got 'em. Bigamist suggested I ask in here.

obnoxious001
    Good question. I have my dad looking for his old photos of the various boat races that we used to attend, and hopefully ski drags will be among them.

wolfie
    Good question. I have my dad looking for his old photos of the various boat races that we used to attend, and hopefully ski drags will be among them.
    I appreciate it.

Wrenchforce
    I have a few shots of my mom skiing back in the day at Marine stadium during the exhibition races. I remember my dad having to convince the race committee to run his 20 Schiada, which they felt couldn't make the turns. Reality, my dad's 20' Schiada had a forward set fin that was 12 inches or so in front of the v-drive. The boat could turn so sharp that it's thrown the observer out of the boat as it went up on it's side. I would have to get the photos scanned and get them online next time that I am at my parents. If you have contact to some of the old school ski racing crew, such as Charlie and Patty Squire or Earnie Earl, they would definately have some photo shots from the erra of the flat bottom stage.