Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a Laveycraft flatty (64-66)

QuickJet
    I'm looking for a Laveycraft flatty years 64-66 with a wood deck. Must be wood deck!!! Will travel for the right boat so please all those who have one (even if you're not wanting to sell at this time) please let me know. Interested in complete restos or total projects. Have cash so please let me know what you have.

dmontzsta
    Any specific reason why you want a Lavey? Just curious.

QuickJet
    My dad had one and in reality I'd like to find it. It was red with black and had a wood deck. It had a 426 wedge with dual quads. If I can't find the original one I'd like to copy it.
    I know you had a Lavey for awhile. Was there a registry for the older ones or anything like that?

vdriver4ever
    Dave Sammons and the boys drove one in the Parker race last year. It was a cool boat. I even took a ride behind the wheel. they said it was the oldest Lavey they know of. It also had a wood deck.

CircleJerk
    I'm looking for a Laveycraft flatty years 64-66 with a wood deck. Must be wood deck!!! Will travel for the right boat so please all those who have one (even if you're not wanting to sell at this time) please let me know. Interested in complete restos or total projects. Have cash so please let me know what you have.
    Smart guy! And good looking even if he has a jet! There's a 66 with Pointiac power up here but no wood deck.

QuickJet
    Dave Sammons and the boys drove one in the Parker race last year. It was a cool boat. I even took a ride behind the wheel. they said it was the oldest Lavey they know of. It also had a wood deck.
    Thanks, I'll contact Dave. I'll post pics later of the exact boat I'm looking for.

v-drive
    I have a 66 lavey but no wood deck. I can't say I have ever seen a wood deck Lavey.......v-drive

Dave Sammons
    The boat I drove belongs to Ken Bewick and is the oldest known Lavey flat around, according to Al Lavey. It is not for sale, as it has been in their family since 1969. Don't know of any available Lavey's right now...I'll keep my eyes open. Friend of mine found a '64 a couple years ago...I got it running for him. Turns out it was Al Lavey's personal Marathon Boat! The guy sold it back to the new owners of Laveycraft and they were going to restore it, don't think they ever did! Had some bitchen. heavy duty rigging in it...I would've loved to restore that one! They might still have it...think they payed 6000.00 for it because of it's history.
    ~Dave~

WataDevil
    The family ski boat is a wood deck Lavey. It was built I believe in 1964 or '65 if I remember correctly. Our family has owned the boat since '69 I think. We bought it from the original owner / builder. He was selling to build a day cruiser. It has a 406 with three two's and all Nicson gear. It has a bench seat. The boat has seen lots of use through the years and is the only boat I plan on owning EVER. My dad passed last year and the boat is at my brothers house. They go to Folsom once in a while. I was always told that the engine was in Al's race boat until the bigger engines came out and that the previous owner was building this at that time so he bought the engine. The boat is a white/burgundy metalflake with California Ash on the deck. It has survived lots: LA earthquake in '71, 6 deepwater single skiers, one broken U joint at 35 mph (no damage to hull (I was in it)), one broken U joint at speed (again no damage and back in the water the next day after a run to Fresno), three boys and a wild Mom who was known to chase the Mud Hens while we were skiing. When my dad died last year he had gotten a new battery for it that day. I hope to always have it. The info may not be all correct. The CF numbers end with CC if anyone knows what that vintage would be.

here's a '64 Lavey on Craigslist right now which I guess would make it the other oldest know Lavey around.
    No wood deck though.
    http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/boa/236823793.html
    http://a.im.craigslist.org/qn/yU/8wV...hTVj83OpBX.jpg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast