Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Dad's Lavey (Bad Enuff) has been found!!!

QuickJet
    Well as some of you know I have been searching for my Dad's LaveyCraft flat named "Bad Enuff" for some time now. What started as a dream some 20 years ago has finially turned into a reality thanks to a great board member Scott Davis (AKA Boat Anchor). This would of never happened without him. Upon seeing a pic of the boat in my sig, Scott reccognized it as being one owned by his friend Jim Hilliard. He made a couple phone calls and sent an email pic of the boat to Jim's wife Linda who verified both the name and the CF#'s. Scott then sent me a PM.
    After talking to Scott I knew it was the boat. He put me in contact with Jim and Linda who said they were interested in selling it.
    Well today we went to look at it and we pick it up on Sunday.
    It's a bit weathered but is mostly complete. Some slight changes were done to it over the last 30 years since it was in our family. Some changes we'll keep, others we will put back to original. My 2 brother's and I are really looking forward to restoring what we thought as kids was the fastest boat on the water. This is truely a dream come true.
    Again a big thanks goes out to Scott (Boat Anchor) for making this happen!!!
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...010039-med.JPG
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...010040-med.JPG
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...010066-med.JPG

colechillin
    right on Scott! Congrats man! Your dad would be so happy!!!!

v-drive
    How totally awsome for you and your family. Congratulations and I hope you enjoy every minute of it...... :rollside: v-drive

DaveA
    I love a story like this that has a happy ending!
    Congratulations!

Kim Hanson
    That is wild you found it, congrats..........( . )( . )...........

502 JET
    Thats GREAT you found the boat!!!
    You should start a thread and show the whole restoration it would be cool to watch you return it back into what your DAD used to run.

dmontzsta
    That is amazing that you found it. You hear stories like this every once in a while and they never pan out. What a find for you! I cant wait to see it brought back to life. Those Laveys are awesome boats, I already miss mine. They are awesome in the rough stuff. I will probably be looking for mine in 20 years too. Congrats! Lets bring that puppy to Elsinore when it is done.

PBOCOP
    That is truly amazing !!
    Congrats to you and your family !!
    Something to be so proud of. Keep the board updated as you progress on this project.
    Awesome !

Mohave Vice
    Congrats! This is just great!

D Ginny
    Thats awsome and great to hear you guys found the boat and I'm sure it will be fun restoring it with your brothers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast