Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: XBOX or PS3 ???

Redwing247
    Not trying to threadcrap, but I think current PS3 and XBOX 360 games only play at 720p. Just want to clarify.
    PS3 is capable of playing 1080p is you have the tv and hd cable connection.
    Those of you who play driving/racing game will be please when the F1 game comes out in early 07. As for shooting game, Call of Duty 3 is also very good.

boatsnblondes
    Your bursting my bubble with a 6800? Come on man, at least step up to the GTs. It's not like I'm running a Hercules MGA over here.
    If you're going to play the big man and throw down on people, it would help if you were bigger than the rest of us.
    Not throwin down Tom, and I never said I was "bigger" than you guys, just that I never met a console that could outrun a PC.....as for the diff between my very hot 6800 and a 8800, I don't thnink I would notice the difference too much, but I have heard the linked 88's are screamin fast, both quality and framerate wise.....:idea:

Froggystyle
    Not throwin down Tom, and I never said I was "bigger" than you guys, just that I never met a console that could outrun a PC.....as for the diff between my very hot 6800 and a 8800, I don't thnink I would notice the difference too much, but I have heard the linked 88's are screamin fast, both quality and framerate wise.....:idea:
    I haven't seen a computer graphics card that had better resolution on a 65" HD TV yet... Maybe it is out there and I don't know about it, but I would way rather play on my TV than my computer.
    I have Call of Duty 3 too. I got it along with Gears of War and only made it through a couple of levels before switching over to GOW for a try... it hasn't been back in since!
    I hate work when it is raining...

TRIMM MANN
    While we are on the subject. I have a PS3 and my TV only has one HDMI input. Does Sony make a cable that plugs into the back of the PS3 that I can connect to my component input of the TV so I can view in HD?

boatsnblondes
    The main difference between the two consoles, in my opinion are. (And not counting BnB and Toms hijacking issues) The 360 is geared to the older gamer. More first person shooters etc... Where the PSanything is suited more for the family with a very wide range of games.
    Now, about that PC vs Console debate. I'll take gaming from my recliner in the family room over sitting at a desk any day.,
    Forensic, that would be great, except that the new recievers are coming out with hookups for computers, and people have been able to do just that for years now. Froggy, glad you like GOW, here is a great walkthrough, in case you get stuck....
    http://www.mycheats.com/view/section...f_war/xbox_360

Jyruiz
    While we are on the subject. I have a PS3 and my TV only has one HDMI input. Does Sony make a cable that plugs into the back of the PS3 that I can connect to my component input of the TV so I can view in HD?
    I don't know if Sony makes something like that because of the copyright issues, but you can get and HDMI switcher. Also, if your TV has a DVI input, you can get a HDMI to DVI cable and go that route.

boatsnblondes
    Trimm man, PS3 is still a bit new, but it should not be long before you see that cable, monster is usually pretty good at getting those out. Just need to give them a bit of time, it'll be out. If it's not already....

boatsnblondes
    Trimm Man, it is out, here is a link to get one on line, or try Circuit City and those types of places....here ya go....
    http://www.projectorscreenstore.com/...OVKEY=ps3%20hd
    Hope this helps.....

TRIMM MANN
    Thanks Guys,
    My TV has one DVI input which I am using for my HD Satellite receiver. I will try Circuit City. They should have one with a component hookup. That will also be HD.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123