Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: I quit smoking!

shadow
    I've got 18 days in cold turkey.Smoked for over 25yrs a pack a day.
    My question is to those of you that have quit,does it get any easier?some days are very easy and others are like day 1 all over.
    I'm hoping it's gonna get alittle easier & easier.

Mandelon
    C'mon, nobody likes a quitter. :devil:

Nord
    Better throw a diet in there somewhere. I have had multiple customers quit and the results are all the same. Most of them gain a little weight since your metabolism will change. You also might get congested for about a month and cough up some nasty stuff while your lungs clear.
    As far as the good and bad days.......That can last a LONG time
    However, if you can deal with it, the postives outweigh the negatives by a landslide. Since your veins will slowly grow back to regular size, things like your skin will look healthier. Your face might look a little "fuller" because of this. Smoking actually shrinks things like veins and arteries, so there will be some changes in look and the way you feel when they are at normal non smoking size again
    Congrats!!

Cheap Thrills
    I quit every time I put one out. Haven't noticed any difference in level of difficulty.
    T.

shadow
    C'mon, nobody likes a quitter. :devil:
    You mean quit quitting or
    quitting smoking?

acatitude
    way to go shadow thats on my agenda for the new year, any hints how you made it threw the first week???? seems like that will be the toughest

DILLIGAF
    Good job Darryl. Just keep your mind/body occupied so you don't think about it. You will become more sensitive to others smoking the longer you quit.
    Keep going strong. Very hard to quit

shadow
    Better throw a diet in there somewhere. I have had multiple customers quit and the results are all the same. Most of them gain a little weight since your metabolism will change. You also might get congested for about a month and cough up some nasty stuff while your lungs clear.
    As far as the good and bad days.......That can last a LONG time
    However, if you can deal with it, the postives outweigh the negatives by a landslide. Since your veins will slowly grow back to regular size, things like your skin will look healthier. Your face might look a little "fuller" because of this. Smoking actually shrinks things like veins and arteries, so there will be some changes in look and the way you feel when they are at normal non smoking size again
    Congrats!!
    Haven't been hacking up any lungs yet,but my sinus's already feel clearer.
    Have noticed i've been eating a bit more but not wooried too much cause i'm regular at the gym.looking forward to the benifits since i haven't experienced any that i hear of for 25 plus yrs.I know i'm saving $$.

buzzaro
    way to go shadow thats on my agenda for the new year, any hints how you made it threw the first week???? seems like that will be the toughest
    Ive got a buddy that chews (copenhagen) to quit smoking....
    and smokes to quit chewing. Not sure if this helps.

acatitude
    lol sounds perfect to me

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast