Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: I quit smoking!

Pheelin Phroggy
    after 24 years of smoking...both my wife and I went to a little chinese guy in Orange for Acupuncture.... drove home with a pack of smokes next to me through O.C. traffic.. never picked one up... 6 years later.. still have not picked one up. Only hard part was changing after meal routines.. Find a hobby, ours was building a nice oak bar in the house a little at a time.

Pheelin Phroggy
    however, it did not help my spelling one bit!

ck7684
    My grandpa quit smoking cold turkey and it never seemed to bother him. He even kept a pack in his shirt pocket just in case he wanted one. My dad tried everything, and the nicotine inhaler worked for him. Got to where he had the thing with none of the inserts, but it kept his nerves in check...

photo chick
    Darrel,
    Not sure how you are doing with not smoking. I was a 40 year pack a day smoker until a month ago. There is a new medicine called Chantix to help with cravings. You take the med a week before our quit date. So far I have had no desire to smoke. Of course I have had smoking thoughts, but real desire. I don't drink any more so I don't have the have a beer have a smoke issues To anyone out there that wants to quit, this stuff makes it much less painful.
    John M
    My mom and my husband both quit by taking Chantix. I continue to smoke infront of him and in the five weeks since he quit he's never had the urge to have one...guess it's my turn!

shadow
    funny this thread should come up again.
    Sorry to say i made it 4 months and got weak when summer kicked in,
    Although i've got a couple days down now and am trying again.I think if i would have had 6 months down before summer kicked into gear i could have made it.
    Quitting has proven to be the hardest thing i've ever done.

photo chick
    I quit for a year once......I'm an idiot to have started back up!!

ULTRA26 # 1
    My mom and my husband both quit by taking Chantix. I continue to smoke infront of him and in the five weeks since he quit he's never had the urge to have one...guess it's my turn!
    Seriously, this stuff is amazing.
    John M

ULTRA26 # 1
    funny this thread should come up again.
    Sorry to say i made it 4 months and got weak when summer kicked in,
    Although i've got a couple days down now and am trying again.I think if i would have had 6 months down before summer kicked into gear i could have made it.
    Quitting has proven to be the hardest thing i've ever done.
    Darrel,
    I was thinking of you this morning. Last time I saw you, you were just smoking again on weekends and we both know that wouldn't last. Chantix, which is a new medicine, made quiting at least for me, not that difficult.
    I learned of if from friend that used it and he too was 35 to 40 year smoker.
    If you find yourself struggling again, I recommend this new aid.
    John M

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617