Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: I quit smoking!

HCS
    Way to go!
    My dad quit smoking cold turkey after 30 years of smoking. One day 3 years after he quit he sparked up one of my moms cigs without thinking about it.
    Then he thought about it and said to himself, what the hell am I doing?
    He put it out in disbelief. He couldn't believe after 3 years he naturally grap a smoke and lit it up.
    It's a dirty habit.

shadow
    way to go shadow thats on my agenda for the new year, any hints how you made it threw the first week???? seems like that will be the toughest
    Thought about my children and i want to see them grow up and get married and have families of thier own.
    My luck i'll get over smoking and get hit by a car.
    First week i had 1 smoke in the am and none the rest of the day.After the first week no smkes at all.
    Good luck!!

DILLIGAF
    and smokes to quit chewing. Not sure if this helps.
    I am totally opposite and really need to quit the Skoal. Been doing it for about 20 years now

rrrr
    Ive got a buddy that chews (copenhagen) to quit smoking....
    and smokes to quit chewing. Not sure if this helps.
    I quit smoking and went to Skoal Bandits....duh. Twice as much nicotine. Quit after 8 years of those things, and had to carry sugar free Breath Savers with me at all times. I finally quit needing the Breath Savers this year. The oral fixation and cravings is wacky, definitely a big part of quitting along with the nicotine withdrawal.
    As for the dieting thig, I did notice after I quit my shirttail was untucked a lot....gained 50 lbs, lost 20 and stil carrying the rest......but I ain't using tobacco and that's what counts. Keep working it, shadow.......

JB in so cal
    Thought about my children and i want to see them grow up and get married and have families of thier own.
    My luck i'll get over smoking and get hit by a car.
    First week i had 1 smoke in the am and none the rest of the day.After the first week no smkes at all.
    Good luck!!
    See if you can make a deal to replace smokes with BJ's. Lose weight and not smoke all in one...

dumbandyoung
    good job man!!!!! keep it up you can do it.. everytime you feel like a smoke punch yourself in the dick.. it helps.

jammin
    I quit a year ago, I still get the same urges as the day after I quit. One day at a time, one day at a time. Good luck!

angry dad
    Good job bro!!! I quit 4 years ago
    after 30 years!! Cold turkey. I will never smoke again!!
    Smoking ig Nasty!!

MRSDRMCAT
    Thats awesome!!! Keep it up!!!

shadow
    Glad to hear from all of you that have suceeded.Thanks to everyone for the words of support.
    Dumbandyoung thanks for the idea:idea: ,but i think i'll pass on punching myself in the dick.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast