Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Friends competing against friends....

havifun
    Do any of you have any friends that "compete" against you in life, etc? What if you aren't even aware they compete with you until someone brings it up? Does it really come down to their own lack of self-worth? Is it just jealousy because they don't have happiness in their own lives? Why do they do this? You know...the whole keeping up with the Joneses dealio. F THE JONES.
    I feel sad for people who do this as they will never win the game because there will always be someone else to come along and beat them at their own sick game. Sort of like trying to have the fastest boat. There is almost always someone faster.
    YOU SAID IT ..THEY JUST DON'T HAVE HAPPY LIVES...

h2oski2fast
    Do any of you have any friends that "compete" against you in life, etc? What if you aren't even aware they compete with you until someone brings it up? Does it really come down to their own lack of self-worth? Is it just jealousy because they don't have happiness in their own lives? Why do they do this? You know...the whole keeping up with the Joneses dealio. F THE JONES.
    I feel sad for people who do this as they will never win the game because there will always be someone else to come along and beat them at their own sick game. Sort of like trying to have the fastest boat. There is almost always someone faster.
    Hmmmmmm, I do remember a time when I heard "Rick's boat is faster then yours". What does that mean? You're so insecure you cant even bring your own boat in to it?

OKIE-JET
    yea i hear ya...but with my friend ..."it cant be about money" ...they are "TRUE BALLERS"... theres no comp there at all ...they make "like 8 million " a year...(my newphew is a general contractor / cement company)...we hit about 100 tho year...so i know its not "MONEY" ...THEY DUST US......she just has to have, what i want, or like...i just found out.." MY hubby told my her i wanted a truck...the f 350"...lmao...she went and got one last night...but the wrong one lol...HA!!!~she got the f 150 she must of heard him wrong...but it is a really nice truck...lifted...i will take some pics cus, she said she was comming to show me tomorrow...but i saw it at the dealer...
    WOW...If its anywhere near 8 mil, and they're rollin fords...they obviously have little or no taste...there's no substitute for taste.

DILLIGAF
    Hmmmmmm, I do remember a time when I heard "Rick's boat is faster then yours". What does that mean? You're so insecure you cant even bring your own boat in to it?
    Ricks boat has always been faster than mine....lol
    I am good with getting to 70.......
    There have been times on Rick's boat I threatened to punch him in the neck as he drove if he didn't slow the **** down

Devil's Advocate
    Friends who are competative or jealous don't stay around long as "friends" with me. I don't feel that they are true friends and will likely be someone you can't trust in the long run.

nodigg
    There have been times on Rick's boat I threatened to punch him in the neck as he drove if he didn't slow the **** down
    Ahhhh, good times!

HCS
    My wife is like that. I have this neighbor that's consistantly remodeling her house.
    My wife gets jealous and wants ME to keep up. I tell my wife phuck that bitch!
    She still gets jealous.

a catered life
    great question...i have never done it but i do have some friends that seem to me to always be competing aganist each other...one buys something this month and next month the other guy buys the better one next month....and it doesnt slow down as they get older they just buy bigger stuff to compete....they have gone from big screen tv, to rims for the cars, to bigger trucks to moterhomes...i feel sorry for those true friends that do this because it just shows the amount of jealousy between the two and not the true friendship.....when me and my best friend were younger we made sure we bought the total opposite stuff so both families would be able to be exposed to both things (ex. i bought a boat and he got the jet skis) when we went places we had both which gave us more choices......:idea:but i guess it not the fault of he guys when this world cars about who has the bigger dickie:sqeyes:

eliminatedsprinter
    great question...i have never done it but i do have some friends that seem to me to always be competing aganist each other...one buys something this month and next month the other guy buys the better one next month....and it doesnt slow down as they get older they just buy bigger stuff to compete....they have gone from big screen tv, to rims for the cars, to bigger trucks to moterhomes...i feel sorry for those true friends that do this because it just shows the amount of jealousy between the two and not the true friendship.....when me and my best friend were younger we made sure we bought the total opposite stuff so both families would be able to be exposed to both things (ex. i bought a boat and he got the jet skis) when we went places we had both which gave us more choices......:idea:but i guess it not the fault of he guys when this world cars about who has the bigger dickie:sqeyes:
    Never done it huh. In that case I'm all over you Bub. I'm going to go out and get a 26 ft Stoker and I'm going to paint my house silver and black with a Raider logo on the Garage door!!

BADBLOWN572
    In the past I had friends like that, but not anymore. It is a real relief that my current friends don't try to one up each other. Some of them, I couldn't compete with if I tried, but they never EVER try to degrade anyone or make others feel jealous. It gets real old when you go out and spend your hard earned money to get something that you really wanted then someone else comes in over the top on the same thing, yet then never really wanted it from the beginning. They always do it just to show off. It makes you question who your true friends are.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast