Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Friends competing against friends....

DILLIGAF
    Any body know where I can get a gold plated Harley pin ball machine?
    BIACH! That's it I am getting the Platinum one. Mofo, you just cost me another $5K

vee-driven
    i know a family that if one of them buys a car or truck the other half will go out and buy the same exact thing, same with the boats, jetskis, bikes and motorhomes. its funny sh!t.

AirtimeLavey
    We're pretty comfortable, and I don't get wrapped up in this kind of competitive stupidity. I have friends who have much more than we do, and friends that have much less. I could care less. I look for the quality of the character, although I do even have some friends whose character is questionable at times. I deal with them if I know their hearts are in the right place.
    Some of the wealthiest people I know, you'd never know how much wealth they have. That's because they're so low key about it. I've found in many cases, the wealthier they truely are, the less they flaunt it. It's usually the ones that wanna be, are the ones who flaunt the most, and leverage the most. Either that, or the ones who get lucky, then burn through the money quick, and don't last long, and usually end up in BK.
    I'd been playing bball w/a guy for over 6 months, when we decided to hang out. I show up at his place, it was on Balboa, he had a 50' Fountain in back, and four Ferrari's in the garage. Made $20 mil the previous year, but you'd never know it by meeting him. He was so low key, but had the real deal, so he didn't flaunt it. Although I did stop hanging w/him, because we'd meet chicks, and I tell mine that the dude her friend was with had the Ferraris, and that was my Ford Exploder over there. Ok, that happened once, but the guy was real cool in spite of his ability to live the rock star life for real.
    I feel lucky for the life I have, and don't give a shiat about who has what, or doesn't. There's more important things in life than to be that petty. It's sad, although sometimes funny when you meet people who are. To each his own.

HM
    I compete with my friends all the time. I guess I know why I don't have many friends! F those losers!
    Some of us are wired for competition. It is difficult to turn it off, but I don't compete in the way that is probably meant by this thread - it doesn't mean anything to me to buy a possession before someone else, unless it something kinda stupid and low cost and is antedotal in a funny story. I compete so I can get better and learn, and I want those that compete with me to get better along with me. It does bother a few people I know - but these people typically have governmental jobs and think they are entitled to things they never earned - they also don't set goals in their life. It is not about winning (but that is fun), it is about constant improvement.

Jbb

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456