Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sanger Jet... 70's sprint or super??

stickers
    Can anyone tell me the difference between a Sanger Sprint Jet or the Super jet models that were built in the 70's. Any performance difference's and ride??

1968Droptop
    I recently sold a `76 Sprint Jet. From what I understand the Sprint's are flatter on the bottom than the Supers. The Sprint's look kind of like a GullWing on the exit of the hull. I think they also ride a bit ruffer than the Super's. They're quite a bit tighter in the engine area, as the gunnels wrap way up and over. I was told the Sprint is 10mph faster than an exactly equipped Super, but I couldn't verify that personally. My old Sprint had a low comprssion 460, OT's, 750 vacuum secondary Holley, MSD ignition, droop snoot, loader grate, and a nice ride plate. It ran in the low to mid 70's all day long at 5300-5400 rpm's.

Appreciate any info,or input we have an early Sanger that we thought was a Super jet but not sure biggest thing we noticed was the pump setback(lack thereof) Hope the photo works Tom
    http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r.../sanger203.jpg

b's sanger
    Appreciate any info,or input we have an early Sanger that we thought was a Super jet but not sure biggest thing we noticed was the pump setback(lack thereof) Hope the photo works Tom
    http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r.../sanger203.jpg
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...50924_0006.JPG
    The yellow Sanger above is an earlier 70's Super Jet, mine below is a 77 Sprint Jet with the slight setback design. The same era Super Jets also have this setback. The major differences are the gunwales on the Sprint Jet are more tapered to the rear as you can see in the pic. The bottoms are relatively the same for each model and the concave bottom design stopped in 77. The Sprint Jet has a 10" longer deck. Both boats are the same length, so obviously the Super Jet has an additional 10" of room in the cabin.
    Hope this helps, let me know if you need more info.
    B

Thanks "B" appreciate the knowledge, VERY NICE boat (yours) , thanks again Tom

stickers
    B,
    thanks for the pic's info. great explanation of the differences
    steve

1968Droptop
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...50924_0006.JPG
    The yellow Sanger above is an earlier 70's Super Jet, mine below is a 77 Sprint Jet with the slight setback design. The same era Super Jets also have this setback. The major differences are the gunwales on the Sprint Jet are more tapered to the rear as you can see in the pic. The bottoms are relatively the same for each model and the concave bottom design stopped in 77. The Sprint Jet has a 10" longer deck. Both boats are the same length, so obviously the Super Jet has an additional 10" of room in the cabin.
    Hope this helps, let me know if you need more info.
    B
    Oh sure, show off your vast knowledge Brian.... LOL. How's the boat treatin ya ?

b's sanger
    Boat is great, it's the trailer FUBAR that I still have to deal with. Might have to wait for taxes to get new axles. Hope all is well.
    B

Google century wheel (fresno) or call me they have smokin deals "tip to tip" staigght ,drop,etc Tom

1968Droptop
    Boat is great, it's the trailer FUBAR that I still have to deal with. Might have to wait for taxes to get new axles. Hope all is well.
    B
    Axles, yikes what happened ? All is well on my front, I can't wait to get the boat wet, but still have snow on the ground up here in the far great n/w lol. I'm in the middle of rebuilding the entire braking system on my trailer, new tongue/master cylinder, new backing plates w/ all new hardware, and new axle seals. At least I know it'll be up to snuff.
    As excited as I am to get my new boat wet, I see the pix of your boat and already miss mine a bit. Had a lot of great fun and memories with it......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast