Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Never Forget!

Cas
    Thought you might be interested in this forgotten bit of information..........
    It was 1987!
    At a lecture the other day they were laying an old news video of lt.Col. Oliver North testifying at the Iran-Contra hearings during the Reagan Administration.
    There was Ollie in front of God and country getting the third degree, but what he said was stunning! He was being drilled by a senator; "Did you not recently spend close to $60,000 for a home security system?"
    Ollie replied, "Yes, I did, Sir."
    The senator continued, trying to get a laugh out of the audience, "Isn't that just a little excessive?"
    No, sir," continued Ollie.
    "No? And why not?" the senator asked.
    "Because the lives of my family and I were threatened, sir." "Threatened? By whom?" the senator questioned. "By a terrorist, sir" Ollie ans! wered. "Terrorist? What terrorist could possibly scare you that much?"
    "His name is Osama bin Laden, sir" Ollie replied.
    At this point the senator tried to repeat the name, but couldn't pronounce it, which most people back then probably couldn't. A couple of people laughed at the attempt. Then the senator continued. Why are you so afraid of this man?" the senator asked.
    "Because, sir, he is the most evil person alive that I know of", Ollie answered.
    "And what do you recommend we do about him?" asked the senator. "Well, sir, if it was up to me, I would recommend that an assassin team be formed to eliminate him and his men from the face of the earth." The senator disagreed with this approach, and that was all that was shown of the clip.
    By the way, that senator was Al Gore!

Mr. Pixilated
    I never will. We have a picture in our office just like the first one...And it says, NEVER FORGET!!!

Mrs. Bordsmnj
    I just watched a documentary on 9-11 on the history channel the other day. Its still hard to comprehend and believe what actually happened.

HOOTER SLED-
    Thought you might be interested in this forgotten bit of information..........
    It was 1987!
    At a lecture the other day they were laying an old news video of lt.Col. Oliver North testifying at the Iran-Contra hearings during the Reagan Administration.
    There was Ollie in front of God and country getting the third degree, but what he said was stunning! He was being drilled by a senator; "Did you not recently spend close to $60,000 for a home security system?"
    Ollie replied, "Yes, I did, Sir."
    The senator continued, trying to get a laugh out of the audience, "Isn't that just a little excessive?"
    No, sir," continued Ollie.
    "No? And why not?" the senator asked.
    "Because the lives of my family and I were threatened, sir." "Threatened? By whom?" the senator questioned. "By a terrorist, sir" Ollie ans! wered. "Terrorist? What terrorist could possibly scare you that much?"
    "His name is Osama bin Laden, sir" Ollie replied.
    At this point the senator tried to repeat the name, but couldn't pronounce it, which most people back then probably couldn't. A couple of people laughed at the attempt. Then the senator continued. Why are you so afraid of this man?" the senator asked.
    "Because, sir, he is the most evil person alive that I know of", Ollie answered.
    "And what do you recommend we do about him?" asked the senator. "Well, sir, if it was up to me, I would recommend that an assassin team be formed to eliminate him and his men from the face of the earth." The senator disagreed with this approach, and that was all that was shown of the clip.
    By the way, that senator was Al Gore!
    Very interesting indeed. We will NEVER FORGET. That's for damn sure.

BigBlockBaja
    I just watched a documentary on 9-11 on the history channel the other day. Its still hard to comprehend and believe what actually happened.
    Imagine watching it in person..... We did..

HighRoller
    I'm amazed that those images seem to have been banned from the airwaves of the mainstream media. I can't remember once (other than the anniversary date) seeing those images shown on TV when a story about 9-11 comes up. They should be played on a weekly basis so that we never forget why our boys are doing what they're doing!!!

OGShocker
    I never will. We have a picture in our office just like the first one...And it says, NEVER FORGET!!!
    We have a "hole in the water" that says the same thing.
    Thank's CAS!

Mr. Pixilated
    I'm amazed that those images seem to have been banned from the airwaves of the mainstream media. I can't remember once (other than the anniversary date) seeing those images shown on TV when a story about 9-11 comes up. They should be played on a weekly basis so that we never forget why our boys are doing what they're doing!!!
    I agree!!!!

Hardly Satisfied
    That was a very sad day

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast