Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: East Coast hot boats vs. West Coast hot boats.

East Coast hot boats vs. West Coast hot boats.
    Having grown up in Michigan and eventually landing in Southern California I am quite taken aback by the different approaches to the finish of the boats.
    Typically even today I see gel designs on the east coast that would be common for 70s/80's vintage west coast boats.
    The level of in-the-mold gel coating artistry that is demonstrated by seemingly all west coast hot boat manufacturers seems far more advanced than that of the the east coast fraternity... whom make-no-mistake build some very high quality boats.
    But going down the list in the SoCal/Arizona ***boating manufacturers .... Lavey, Hallett, Howard, HTM, Nordic, Eliminator, Ultra, Advantage, DCB, Schiada.... They all do some pretty amazing work in the gel.
    Why has the east not jumped on board with this kind of artistry??
    And yes I know some of the east coast "painted" boats are simply amazing in quality and artistry.... It's the in-the-mold graphics I refer to here.
    Comments anyone??

Jbb
    Comments anyone??
    RD SUX....

Jordy
    RD SUX....
    The JBB, stop hating!!!
    But you are correct, sir.

Jbb
    The JBB, stop hating!!!
    But you are correct, sir.
    But the Jordy, with all due respect........If I am correct......is it still hating......?

Jordy
    But the Jordy, with all due respect........If I am correct......is it still hating......?
    Hmmm.... Point of parlimentary procedure as you might be onto something. So perhaps I was just trying to work "THE" JBB into something.
    As you were.

Jbb
    Tis a question to ponder.....!

YeLLowBoaT
    my guess would be lack of skilled labor. Like custom painting its not a skill you can just pic up over night. I personally hate all of the "flashy" gels I see on most new boats. Then again its thier boat...

beaverretriever
    There isnt much that is cooler than that all blue Activator V that I have seen in a couple mags. BTW it is an East Coast boat.

cc322
    West coast is better because it rymes...... West Coast Best Coast

randy77zt
    i think east coast boats are better in rough water.west coast boats are more about bling.the only boats i have owned are east coast boats.but it depends on what you are using them for.parking in the channel at havasu is more of a social event.it really would bother me to have a plain white boat but it would have to be fast.or put vinyl graphics on it and change it every year.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast