Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Idea!!!!!!!!

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    What difference would it make if you used a waterfed oil cooler for your fuel??? Just curious....

lucky
    your boat would not run on oil ?? but it would be cool !
    If your asking if you could cool your fuel with lake water via a ( i'm assuming )a spin on type fuel filter with cooling fins ! I guess you could - but why not a cool can of ice ?

Taylorman
    I wouldn't think an oil cooler would cool the fuel down to much. How much cooler is lake water than fuel in your tanks?

Devilman
    :idea: How much wood coulda woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

What difference would it make if you used a waterfed oil cooler for your fuel??? Just curious....
    i'm glad to see someone finally brought up this ???...it would make a "great big" difference...the colder the fuel...the more power...remember back in the old days...drag racers used to run cool cans filled with ice...i ran dry ice & alcohol in mine & it made a big effect on the power & performance...i'm working on a cooler that has 3/8" copper line wound inside & water outlets on each end for the water to run thru...my prob is, i cant figure out how to keep the copper lines from leaking where they enter & exit the can...any suggestions?
    fastrat

Moneypitt
    Some of the Super Stockers as well as some Crackerbox boats are currently running cool cans packed with ice just prior to the heat. I has to make some difference in expansion when fired. The idea of an oil cooler would work to some degree, but the lake water would have to be very cold to start with. Another factor is any engine mounted fuel pump, alot of heat tranfer to the fuel through a mechanical pump. The old "dry ice and alcohol" is very cold, but somewhat difficult to handle safely, and I really wouldn't want a container of alcohol anywhere on a boat except the fuel tank. Liquid Nitrogen in a sealed container would probably freeze the fuel quickly, too quickly. This cold fuel deal is what makes Nitrious give the boost it does..........MP

River
    :idea: How much wood coulda woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
    :supp:
    All the wood thata woodchuck could, if a woodchuck could chuck wood!

Terminal Velocity
    Some of the Super Stockers as well as some Crackerbox boats are currently running cool cans packed with ice just prior to the heat. I has to make some difference in expansion when fired. The idea of an oil cooler would work to some degree, but the lake water would have to be very cold to start with. Another factor is any engine mounted fuel pump, alot of heat tranfer to the fuel through a mechanical pump. The old "dry ice and alcohol" is very cold, but somewhat difficult to handle safely, and I really wouldn't want a container of alcohol anywhere on a boat except the fuel tank. Liquid Nitrogen in a sealed container would probably freeze the fuel quickly, too quickly. This cold fuel deal is what makes Nitrious give the boost it does..........MP
    That's why you put the cool can after the pump bro. and the in line before the pump. Water comes in cools fuel before the pump then to the motor and out. Sounds logical, just trying to figure out where to put the driver after all this stuff is mounted. :rollside:

Infomaniac
    Most newer Mercruiser engines have fuel coolers.

Big Kahunaa
    Already on it have been building one for a while now

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast