Thread: Santa Fe, NM

HM
    I just bought a vacation property near Santa Fe, NM. Are there any boatable lakes in this area? Looks like decent snow skiing in several directions including Taos. I see on Google Earth that there are a few lakes/resevoirs, but it looks like fishing and sailing only on most of these lakes.
    Any ***boat spots?

Mrs Luvnlife
    I've always wondered that myself, don't know what there is in the way of boating, but you sure bought in a beautiful area! Be sure to hit up the bars on the square in Santa Fe . Congratulations...that's high on my list of desireable places to reside .

HM
    I've always wondered that myself, don't know what there is in the way of boating, but you sure bought in a beautiful area! Be sure to hit up the bars on the square in Santa Fe . Congratulations...that's high on my list of desireable places to reside .
    I was at the CowGirl on Friday night - but only for a few minutes. Place was very popular. There were a few other places that looked very popular as well. I was looking for a lower key spot for dinner.
    It is beautiful out there. I happen to be there when they had just had a huge blizzard and a 2nd hit while I was there. Santa Fe is really growing and that is a great spot to be buying real estate. I picked up a home outside of Santa Fe that is 1,600 sq ft on 10 acres with 6 acres fenced for horses for $130,000.

Mrs Luvnlife
    I was at the CowGirl on Friday night - but only for a few minutes. Place was very popular. There were a few other places that looked very popular as well. I was looking for a lower key spot for dinner.
    I can't recall some of the names of the fun places, but I know that Maria's has more tequila than you'll ever need .
    I picked up a home outside of Santa Fe that is 1,600 sq ft on 10 acres with 6 acres fenced for horses for $130,000.
    :jawdrop: Very nice! Shhhh, don't tell anyone . I hope someday I can at least have a vacation home out there....once my kids are older and I have more time to do those kinds of things.
    It is beautiful out there. I happen to be there when they had just had a huge blizzard and a 2nd hit while I was there. Santa Fe is really growing and that is a great spot to be buying real estate.
    I'm sure it is growing, it's been so long since I was there last. We stayed at La Fonda--very nice place with a bar outside on top of the hotel. And of course, their sopaipillas over there are ta die for ! All this talk has me itching to get back over there. I'd be real interested to know if there is any kind of boating nearby. I think there was a board member a while back that was from NM, but not sure what part.

bigblockbill
    Hot boat spots in NM??? Hmmmm how to answer that question. There is 1 main lakes that most everyone goes to (Elephant Butte) and is about a 3 hour drive south on I-25 from Sante Fe. There is a smaller lake not far from there called Abaque but it is quite small and I have never been there. There is a lake on the Eastern end of NM called Conchas that is ok but certainly not a "***boat" spot. We also have Navajo up on the Colorodo/NM boarder but it is a very cold water lake and I have never been there but plan on it sometime.
    There are also several small fishing lakes near by that I can go into details on if your interested.
    Elephant Butte sports most of us ***boaters. There is a moderate "large" boat performance group and several small hotrod jets up there on any weekend. Right now the lake is down on water and pretty small but we are having a good wet winter and the lake is coming up and should be 40-50% full after the spring time run off I suspect. (We were down to 5% a year ago)
    Well that is it in a nut shell, welcome to the hood!!

AZKC
    Went to Navajo many years ago a few times, went once to watch some boat races. Some type of long oval type track like what Hydroplane's race now. Remember one boat a big white outboard with 3 Merc outboards, boat was named Mucho Gusto And yes the water was frigin cold even in the Summer