Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Chris Webber to sign with the Lakers?

acatitude
    yeah, he is going to Detroit.
    Reports are he wanted a starting role and Jackson told him he would have to work his way in, once Odom and Brown came back. You know how PJ rolls. Detroit is shipping off two of three big men and guaranteeing him a starting roll. They will be shipping off either Dale Davis, Nazr or McDyess. I think that is a bad move to get rid of up and coming players and bank on Webber.
    Oh well, the Lakers are still the same either way.
    dam buddy you do crack me up you homer.... it was ok to demote walton and unload some folks for Webber, now that he is going someplace else they are crazy to unload players for him.... lol, you are to funny man, I love it
    I wish he would have signed with the lakers, it would have made your team worse. your lucky you didnt get him, like i said I would have taken walton straight up for webber anyday. say thank you to the bb gods that he went to detriot. see post #4....... thank you

acatitude
    blowncarrera nailed it. To be very kind, defense was never Webbers' strong suit.
    Being a Kings fan, I'd like to see the Lakers sign him because he won't make them any stronger. IMHO he hasn't been the same since the knee surgery, and although I loved to watch him play back in the day, the day is over. Geoff Petrie is one smart mofo when it comes to extracting talent from people, then sending them on their way.
    He did so with Webber...
    and peja and jackson and a couple before them, and im thinking bibby, miller and or artest are next in line..Miller gets my vote , what a slug

dmontzsta
    dam buddy you do crack me up you homer.... it was ok to demote walton and unload some folks for Webber, now that he is going someplace else they are crazy to unload players for him.... lol, you are to funny man, I love it
    I wish he would have signed with the lakers, it would have made your team worse. your lucky you didnt get him, like i said I would have taken walton straight up for webber anyday. say thank you to the bb gods that he went to detriot. see post #4....... thank you
    homer rules.
    Demoting Walton would not have been bad at all. In fact I would bet money if that happened, Walton would win the sixth man award, he is that good.
    I do think the Pistons are crazy, it would basically be like the Lakers dumping Kwame Brown and Andrew Bynum to bring on Webber and bank on him to win.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234