He went on the TNT halftime show talking about his buyout. When they asked him who he was looking at, he first said "The Lakers look really good, the have a winning tradition, one of the best players with Kobe, they are playing really good ball right now and have one of the best coaches". Sources say he is looking at the Lakers, Miami, San Antonio, Dallas, Orlando and Detroit. The Lakers would waive one of their players (hopefully Williams or McKie). Webber is not about the money, just contending for a title. The Lakers can offer him 1.8 mill, which is second best to Orlando.
When they asked Phil Jackson he responded with "We are always exploring options, all I do is look at tape and give my opinion, we have to let Kupchek do his job".
Personally, I think he would be a good addition. He would fit in with the triangle, very nice. Especially with his playing style and body type. He bring a bit of experience and toughness that the team needs.
Brown / Bynum / Turiaf
Webber / Cook /
Odom / Walton / Radmanovic
Kobe / Evans / Vujacic
Smush / Farmar / Williams
With the Lakers obviously not in need of Mihm's services, they would be able to extend the contract next year, if things work out...paying Webber a solid amount since Mihm is overpaid. If they drop McKie, they lose his contract next year and he is paid alot as well. They would be well under the cap space, with Webber accepting the Vet minimum.