Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lake Somerville Gathering June 22-24

Devilman
    This is posted for Greaser, as his log in stuff over here is messed up.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ok guys, I know it early, but its never to early to start planning. Here is what I was thinking.......June 22-24, Rocky Creek Park, Lake Somerville. I checked the SDBA schedule, and its is free. I checked the available camp sites. There are plenty, but the closer to the date, the less will be available. I was also thinkin that if anyone was interested, I could plan a catered meal for us for Saturday night. My In-laws own a reasturaunt, and they would do it for us at cost. All I need is a head count. Could do somthing like all you can eat fajita's for like $5 a person, or BBQ for les then that. Let me know if there is any intrest in it, and I will get it planned.

Devilman
    Rocky Creek Park
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rocky Creek Park is operated by the US Army Corps of Engineers year-round. Entrance to the park is controlled with a gate house complex (open from 6:00 AM to 10:00 PM, seven days a week).
    Camping Facilities
    34 campsites with 20, 30, and 50 amp electric service and water hookups
    40 campsites with 20 and 30 amp electric service and water hookups
    75 non-electric campsites with water available
    46 primitive campsites with water available
    Other Facilities
    Restrooms/Showers
    Group Shelter
    Playground
    Nature Trail
    Boatramp
    Fees
    Camping
    20, 30, and 50 amp electric service with water hookups
    $20.00/night (1 Mar - 30 Sep) $18.00/night (1 Oct - 29 Feb)
    20 and 30 amp electric service with water hookup
    $18.00/night (1 Mar - 30 Sep) $16.00/night (1 Oct - 29 Feb)
    Non-Electric
    $16.00/night (1 Mar - 30 Sep) $14.00/night (1 Oct - 29 Feb)
    Primitive
    $10.00/night (year-round)
    Boat Launching
    $3.00/boat
    Camping Units
    Types of camping units normally used by campers and the kinds expected to occupy campsites at Somerville Lake include:
    Van - completed van chassis modified in appearance for transportation and recreational purposes
    Motorhome - recreational camping and travel vehicle built on, or as an integral part of, a self-propelled motor vehicle chassis; may provide kitchen, sleeping, and bathroom facilities; equipped to carry fresh water and sewage
    Pop-Up Trailer - recreational camping unit designed for temporary living quarters which is mounted on wheels and constructed with collapsible sidewalls that fold or recess for towing
    Pickup Camper - recreational camping unit designed to be loaded onto, or affixed to, the bed or chassis of a truck, constructed to provide temporary living quarters for recreational, camping or travel use
    Travel Trailer - trailer designed to be towed by a motorized vehicle (auto, van or pickup truck) and of such size and weight as not to require a special highway movement permit; designed to provide temporary living quarters for recreational, camping or travel use; does not require permanent on-site hook-up
    The following combinations of structures are allowed on campsites in Corps of Engineers Parks:
    Two tents
    One tent and one of the following: van, motorhome, pop-up trailer, pickup camper, travel trailer
    Two vans (provided they are not both self-contained with appliances or A/C)
    Two pickup campers (provided that they are not both the large self-contained living quarters type of units with appliances or A/C)
    ***Under no circumstances are two motorhomes, two travel trailers, two self-contained vans or two self-contained pickup campers to be allowed on the same site.***

Devilman
    Campsite Reservations
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Campsite reservations may be made by calling the National Recreation Reservation System (NRRS) toll-free at 1-877-444-6777. Campsite reservations may also be made over the Internet at WWW.ReserveUSA.Com.
    Campsites that are available for reservations at Somerville Lake are as follows:
    Rocky Creek Park
    5-8, 11-24, and 27-40 (30-Amp Electrical Sites)
    44-50, 54-69, and 72-74 (50-Amp Electrical Sites)
    86-149 (Non-Electrical Sites)

Devilman
    Shit, that was a lot of posting....
    Anyway, this is open to anyone & everyone..... So far we are getting spots in the red circled area in the first map posted.

olbiezer
    hey develman for the non texican wehre is summerville?

Greaser
    Here is directions to the park mosy of us will be camping at.
    Rocky Creek Park
    From Houston: Take US 290W to Brenham. Follow Highway 36N approximately 14 miles to FM 1948. Turn left. Follow FM 1948 approximately 5 miles. Turn right into park complex.
    From Austin: Take US 290E to Brenham. Follow Highway 36N approximately 11.5 miles to FM 1948. Turn left. Follow FM 1948 approximately 5 miles. Turn right into park complex.
    From Bryan/College Station: Take FM 60W to Lyons. Turn left on Highway 36S. Follow 36S approximately 7 miles to FM 1948. Turn right. Follow FM 1948 approximately 5 miles. Turn right into park complex.
    From Caldwell: Take Highway 36S. Follow 36S approximately 21.5 miles to FM 1948. Turn right. Follow FM 1948 approximately 5 miles. Turn right into park complex.

Devilman
    Did Greasers directions help ya any? You thinkin about riding over huh, cool.....

wrenchdaddy
    I just might have to make an appearance out there and actually meet up with you guys for once! LOL

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast