Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hey shootingstar

IMPATIENT 1
    hey gary, what's goin on bud?how's the taylor comin along?

shootingstar72683
    hey gary, what's goin on bud?how's the taylor comin along?
    I got it flipped. It was the most nerve racking event in awhile. I tried to send you some pics. I started sanding. I'm wondering if I should use some bondow to fill in the scratches and nicks rather than sanding them out. Will the primer or/paint fill them in?

IMPATIENT 1
    I got it flipped. It was the most nerve racking event in awhile. I tried to send you some pics. I started sanding. I'm wondering if I should use some bondow to fill in the scratches and nicks rather than sanding them out. Will the primer or/paint fill them in?
    YEP, IT'LL GET SCARY WHEN YA FLIP EM SOMETIMES.HAVIN ALOT OF BEER AROUND HELPS GET THE BUDDIES TO HANG OUT LONG ENOUGH TO HELP!ON SMALL SCRATCHES YOU CAN USE FIBERGLASS RESIN.YOU'LL HAVE TO GO TO DEEP INTO THE GELCOAT TO SAND EM OUT.

shootingstar72683
    YEP, IT'LL GET SCARY WHEN YA FLIP EM SOMETIMES.HAVIN ALOT OF BEER AROUND HELPS GET THE BUDDIES TO HANG OUT LONG ENOUGH TO HELP!ON SMALL SCRATCHES YOU CAN USE FIBERGLASS RESIN.YOU'LL HAVE TO GO TO DEEP INTO THE GELCOAT TO SAND EM OUT.
    I started sanding them out but didn't like that solution. Thier so shallow but to much sanding to get them out. I don't want to remove the good stuf. I'm going to get some resin today. I'm leaving when she goes back upright. We weren't on the same page. I was smok'n getting quieter and slower,they were drinking getting louder and faster. They kept saying(you gotta chill Berg!!!! Chill when my boat is hanging by a rope, that for some reason, looked a hell of a lot smaller when my boat was hanging on it, then when we were tying it on. Then the wind started blowing,Great.It was more exciting than ridding in it. Did you do more painting on yours yet? Did you prime yours?

IMPATIENT 1
    i don't prime glass unless i can't cover the gel color up with base.i started with gm brite white base so it covered up the baby blue pretty easily.i would a 340grit wet sand after hull scratches were fixed and ready to paint.from there i scuffed again with red scotch brite then cleaned,prepped,tacked and shot the base.base coat/clear coat is pretty forgiving gary.

shootingstar72683
    i don't prime glass unless i can't cover the gel color up with base.i started with gm brite white base so it covered up the baby blue pretty easily.i would a 340grit wet sand after hull scratches were fixed and ready to paint.from there i scuffed again with red scotch brite then cleaned,prepped,tacked and shot the base.base coat/clear coat is pretty forgiving gary.
    You filled your hull scratches with just resin? I'm going to go take some pics right now. What a fine sunrise. Gotta give a little time to warm up.

IMPATIENT 1
    You filled your hull scratches with just resin? I'm going to go take some pics right now. What a fine sunrise. Gotta give a little time to warm up.
    YOU CAN USE A FIBERGLASS RESIN BASED FILLER TOO.RESIN IS FOR SCRATCHES THAT ARE TO SMALL FOR FILLER.DYNAGLASS IS OK,JUST GLAZE IT SO IT DOESN'T SOAK UP THE BASE PAINT.I'VE EVEN USED DYNAGLASS FOR SMALL HOLES THEN COATED IT IN RESIN JUST TO "SEAL" IT BEFORE SANDING. THERE'S ALOT MORE WAYS OF DOIN IT,THIS IS JUST MY WAY.PUT UP A NEW THREAD AND SEE WHAT THE OTHER GUYS USE. :idea:

IMPATIENT 1
    how's the sj comin along? figure out what your goin to fill with?

shootingstar72683
    how's the sj comin along? figure out what your goin to fill with?
    Morn'n my friend: I'm going to Harrison in a couple days,going to get the cheapest way. Tried to take the pictures yesterday. The camera ate up the batteries like it was a all you can eat buffet. Ican't get it to download without running the bats out, then it starts from the beginning again,instead of where it left off. I'm learning this box as I go along. It just takes so much time everytime you sit down with it. We only have dial-up available in the mtn. areas. How are those fires? We got 3/4" Sun. that helped, not near enough. Are you in the country?

IMPATIENT 1
    Morn'n my friend: I'm going to Harrison in a couple days,going to get the cheapest way. Tried to take the pictures yesterday. The camera ate up the batteries like it was a all you can eat buffet. Ican't get it to download without running the bats out, then it starts from the beginning again,instead of where it left off. I'm learning this box as I go along. It just takes so much time everytime you sit down with it. We only have dial-up available in the mtn. areas. How are those fires? We got 3/4" Sun. that helped, not near enough. Are you in the country?
    my camera has a dock so it charges while you download,might check and see if your camera brand offers one.we only have dial up too,it sux don't it!fires are out for now .we got a couple of inches over the weekend.i live on the tallest "hill" in my county(elevation 620ft).yea i live in the country.ain't no city slicker,lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast