Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Ski Boat

78Eliminator
    lol, no worries.
    I say that because of the increased damage that happens to my parents seawalls and docks.
    Not to mention they completely destroy the water for "hot boats".

Coach
    Don't you mean that Hot Boats complete destroy the water for us skiers and wakeboarders.

HM
    Hey, just one more reason for them to keep their title of "Trailer Queens"

Firecracker
    Wow, I peeked in excited to talk about ski boats just to find it was mostly about wakeboard type boats. Over the last few years I have been "skiing" behind a number of different boats. I have to say of all the boats I have been pulled by my favorite of the newer boats was a gecko. The biggest disappointment was a brand new Mastercraft. The wake was uncomfortable until you got into shortline stuff and then you would get hit from the spray coming off the boat. Oddly my favorite boat to ski behind is a little flat bottom v-drive. I have been skiing behind them for twenty years now. (Although I have to admit that for the family atmosphere they are about the worst things on the lake and the conditions have to be perfect).
    Paul
    P.S. It is nice to see people on this site that believe there is more to a boat than going fast and getting drunk.
    Great post Paul,
    I have skiied behind mastercrafts, nautiques and an assortment of other boats throughout the course of my amature water skiing career.
    I still prefer a v-drive flatbottom. It is harder to get in and out of and the swim step ease is nice on the tournament boats but,,, I don't mind trading that for the ride from a flatty. My wife on the other hand prefers the tournament boat for its ease and comfort but thats how girls are...
    JG
    I am with both of you. Nothing beats a v-drive flatbottom if you are actually wanting a good wake for skiing. I have been so spoiled growing up skiing behind one, that when I get behind a Mastercraft, or anything else the wake just seems awkward. I really have never known anything but skiing behind a flatbottom. For those who haven't tried it, I suggest you give it a whirl!!!

Her454
    My wife on the other hand prefers the tournament boat for its ease and comfort but thats how girls are...
    JG
    I cant believe ya just said that LOL.......
    Anyone own a Supra Launch 24 ' Limited Edition or the 22'? We have looked at several boats and this one (24) has all the options we like, and some we dont. I actually do not like the front seating arrangement with the full seat, I'd rather have the walkthrough...(the 22 has the seating we like) and I prefer the rear seat step to the full step in the back, but it only comes in the 22 I believe...(hard to remember all the different options etc and which ones they come in). We ski, wakeboard, kneeboard, tube etc so I want something universal and I love the rack option on this boat that I havent seen on the others. It tilts down easily and you can slide the boards, tubes etc off it from the rear and it seems pretty convenient.
    So, any special likes or dislikes with it, or any suggestions on something similar. Oh yea, I wasn't too thrilled with the graphics either.....looks kinda like red brick, but reminds me of Spiderman.

Coach
    I cant believe ya just said that LOL.......
    Anyone own a Supra Launch 24 ' Limited Edition or the 22'? We have looked at several boats and this one (24) has all the options we like, and some we dont. I actually do not like the front seating arrangement with the full seat, I'd rather have the walkthrough...(the 22 has the seating we like) and I prefer the rear seat step to the full step in the back, but it only comes in the 22 I believe...(hard to remember all the different options etc and which ones they come in). We ski, wakeboard, kneeboard, tube etc so I want something universal and I love the rack option on this boat that I havent seen on the others. It tilts down easily and you can slide the boards, tubes etc off it from the rear and it seems pretty convenient.
    So, any special likes or dislikes with it, or any suggestions on something similar. Oh yea, I wasn't too thrilled with the graphics either.....looks kinda like red brick, but reminds me of Spiderman.
    You can order a Supra without the playpen bow. You can get the sunsport with the wake package. I looked at supra and I think the 22 has the option of playpen or not. The Z5 cargo rack is awesome. I would not get the limited with the stupid graphics. You can build a supra with the graphics and colors you want with all of the same stuff on it for the same price. I like the steps in the sunsport as well from the transom walk through. Supra makes a nice boat but I liked the Tige better.

Her454
    You can order a Supra without the playpen bow. You can get the sunsport with the wake package. I looked at supra and I think the 22 has the option of playpen or not. The Z5 cargo rack is awesome. I would not get the limited with the stupid graphics. You can build a supra with the graphics and colors you want with all of the same stuff on it for the same price. I like the steps in the sunsport as well from the transom walk through. Supra makes a nice boat but I liked the Tige better.
    You are correct, the 22 does not have the "playpen" if thats whats its called LOL. BUT we were told the 24 could NOT be ordered without it, thats standard the way it comes, and that the cargo rack is standard with the 24 but not the rest. I love that rack...... The graphics suck, yes. The steps in the rear are great, saves the seat from wear and tear and 2 separate ice chests below for food storage etc. We have not looked at the Tige but plan on doing some more shopping in the next few weeks, thats why Im asking for suggestions. I love the older Ski Sangers like FBT has but they are hard to find in good condition. Space is a must with 3 teenagers and 2 boating dogs. THANKS!

Coach
    You are correct, the 22 does not have the "playpen" if thats whats its called LOL. BUT we were told the 24 could NOT be ordered without it, thats standard the way it comes, and that the cargo rack is standard with the 24 but not the rest. I love that rack...... The graphics suck, yes. The steps in the rear are great, saves the seat from wear and tear and 2 separate ice chests below for food storage etc. We have not looked at the Tige but plan on doing some more shopping in the next few weeks, thats why Im asking for suggestions. I love the older Ski Sangers like FBT has but they are hard to find in good condition. Space is a must with 3 teenagers and 2 boating dogs. THANKS!
    I know for a fact you can order the 24 sunsport with all of the wakeboard options! I told the guys in So Cal that would be the only way I would buy a Supra and wala it could happen. Don't let them snow you and the only way you will buy is to have a walk through bow. The 24 is a big boat, but I would really say go check out Tige. The RZ2 and the new RZ4 are big boats. My RZ4 has had 6 adults and 5 kids under 7 in the boat and we were not crowed.

Wow, I peeked in excited to talk about ski boats just to find it was mostly about wakeboard type boats. Over the last few years I have been "skiing" behind a number of different boats. I have to say of all the boats I have been pulled by my favorite of the newer boats was a gecko. The biggest disappointment was a brand new Mastercraft. The wake was uncomfortable until you got into shortline stuff and then you would get hit from the spray coming off the boat. Oddly my favorite boat to ski behind is a little flat bottom v-drive. I have been skiing behind them for twenty years now. (Although I have to admit that for the family atmosphere they are about the worst things on the lake and the conditions have to be perfect).
    Paul
    P.S. It is nice to see people on this site that believe there is more to a boat than going fast and getting drunk.
    FC........Agree with you whole heartedly:
    Unfortunatetly I never had the pleasure of skiing behind a Flat but after
    11 years............No complaints with this;
    http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e7...ed/003_20A.jpg
    http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e7...ed/002_21A.jpg

Trailer Park Casanova
    Ya water test the boat and have the kids get pulled behind it and see if they like the wake.
    Wake form, size and especially FOAM are the biggest concerns and gripes you may hear. Don't kid yourself that you'll work that out later.
    Ya don't wanna hear those gripes with the kinda money you've invested.
    Then ya want ride quality and are ya comfortable in the boat?
    Will it be comfortable in the chop?
    Most the builders use a 20 year old dam near flat bottom hull design with bold new graphics. Brutal ride.
    The more powerful motors may not give you higher top end, but they will increase the span of practical and useable prop sizes and thus you can tow two wakeboarders or a full boatload of adults without the motor struggling. Always use Acme props.
    The best wakeboard boat customer service we've heard of is Absolute Marine.
    I wish we could put up the huge size wake most the big v hull non- wakeboard ***boats through across the river.
    The Tige 22ri has a comfortable ride, and the wake is for you to judge.
    Supra is teriffic, but they have a cornball-as-all-get-out attitude toward graphics. They used to be cutting edge style, colors, graphics and design.
    Great customer service from Supra BTW.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast