Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: speed coat

victorfb
    it doesnt clean very easily off of anything. but a little laquer thinner will help clean the gun. and yes spray it. it doesnt need thinning (its very thin allready) but you really need to mix it well RIGHT before spraying. it settles in the gun and its canister very quikly. spray it sparingly. it will seem like you need to keep spraying more, but as you stop and let it dry (it dries very quik) you will notice its dull dark grey color. if this is being applied to a lake boat bottom, i doubt youll see much of a differance, but then again many people swear by it. like mike (Rexone) has said, youll most likely only see the effects when doing timed runs. doing the "blue printing" to the hulls bottom is whats really going to get you the most performance. but there again be carefull, this can also ruin the hull aswell, and/or cause a multitude of other problematic symtoms. uncontrolable porpoising is one of them. then its back to the drawing board to re set up the entire drive set up and ride plates.
    this product is also used and works well on jet drive impellers, pump linings, ect. just remember, a little goes a long way. and be prepared to have dirty looking nails for a while.

BILLY.B
    Well I received it Tues and am planning on using it this weekend.There are no instructions and I cannot find any on line! Question is do you spray direct or do you have to reduce it? What does it clean up with? Make sure you take a Scotch Brite pad (scuffing lightly in one direction, bow to transom) to break up the surface just a bit...... I roll the stuff on with a nappy type roller to give the bottom just a bit of unevenesss like a golf ball. Once dry I go over it with a red scotch brite to knock off the tit's left by the roller.

Jim Hall
    Thanks for the reply's! My bottom was in pretty good shape,just a little work around intake and a little bit at the transom.I thought since I was redoing the bottom I might as well put the coating on it.Thanks again!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12