Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: How about a religious debate?

Kurtis500
    Like I said, I don't wish to defend Evolutionary Theory or Creationism. I don't type very fast and it would simply take too long.
    But here are a couple of points you may wish to keep in mind the next time you set out to try to "debunk" Evolutionary Theory".
    I thought you would help me on this. Without any real diologue you are now offering advice.
    You said the Cambrian Explosion was somehow an obsticle to Evalution. Under Evolutionary teory it makes perfect sense that after the countless eons it took for the most basic life forms to evolve, there would be a period of (or periods of) rapid increase in the amount and diversity of life forms such as that of the Cambrian period.
    Hogwash. The key aspect to Darwins theory was that natural selection would act, in his own words, 'slowly by accumulating slight, successive, favorable variations' and that 'no great or sudden modifications' were possible. You have some jellyfish and sponges, then all of a sudden BOOM, anthropods, modern vertabrae, modern star fish and etc. It is intersting you have called me illogical, false and shallow but you reconcile this as "perfect sense".
    As a possible phenomenon it is neither evidence of or against Evolution.
    Quite the contrary, it is good evidence against it.
    You also mentioned "piltdown man" which, of course, was a fraud and of no usefulness in this or any other honest debate.You seem to be using it as an example of fraud by evolutionists. Piltdown man was in it's day seen by many as evidence agianst evolution because of it's large braincase. You also mentioned Java Man in the same context, how is Homo Erectus an example of fraud or false science etc and how could it be placed into the same context with a pure, straight up, fraud like Piltdown man??
    To bring you into the context i will post my quote again;
    the supporters of this theory have fabricated, lied, inserted fraudulent discoveries or made unrealistic extrapolations
    The context is that evolutionary theory is not void of such 'sins'. I covered the range from lie to exaggerated hypothesis. Once again, the reason I am doing this is to demonstrate evolutuion takes as much faith as any other theory. Thats my point again...not political or whos teachin what in school.
    Piltdown man was considered the 'missing link' by the majority of scientists when discovered, not evidence against evolution... What obscure reference did you get that from? I'm rather interested in it.

Kurtis500
    Perhaps in your literal and specific view, but not mine.
    Then you could explain this contradiction.
    Catholics believe in the Bible as the literal Word of God. They believe in original sin and Jesus as the saviour. Now, being serious and not demeaning, read really slowly and think this through;
    If evolution is real, then death was widespread before Adam and Eve. Keep in mind you have to allow natural selection to take its course for humans to develop. Also, the Bible specifically states death did not enter the world until the original sin of Adam and Eve. So, If death preceded Adam and Eve, then sin is fiction. If sin is fiction, then we have no need for a saviour.
    You have kicked out the need for Christ and only inserted God as a token for those who have faith.
    This contradiction is un-reconcilable. The Bible goes further to state that Adam was in fully developed form BEFORE the existence of woman. Another un-reconcilable difference. Especially when considering slight progressive modifications are needed.

Kurtis500
    A. Time magizine is not a scientific journal or even a good news magizine.
    It wasn't reference to validate the point scientifically. I obviously used it to enhance the meaning of what I already stated.

EAZYKILLER2006
    I love you, Blown.
    i thought you loved me ...lol ~where ya been ...

eliminatedsprinter
    OH shit I just stayed up late and spent over an hour typing a long post here and the god damned site said I wasn't logged in (and I was). Then when I logged in again, it said thank you for logging in and promptly kicked me out again and the whole damn post was lost. What is this??

Kachina26
    Religin is for people who can't understand science.
    Science is for those who didn't do well in English.

eliminatedsprinter
    I thought you would help me on this. Without any real diologue you are now offering advice.
    Hogwash. The key aspect to Darwins theory was that natural selection would act, in his own words, 'slowly by accumulating slight, successive, favorable variations' and that 'no great or sudden modifications' were possible. You have some jellyfish and sponges, then all of a sudden BOOM, anthropods, modern vertabrae, modern star fish and etc. It is intersting you have called me illogical, false and shallow but you reconcile this as "perfect sense".
    Quite the contrary, it is good evidence against it.
    To bring you into the context i will post my quote again;
    The context is that evolutionary theory is not void of such 'sins'. I covered the range from lie to exaggerated hypothesis. Once again, the reason I am doing this is to demonstrate evolutuion takes as much faith as any other theory. Thats my point again...not political or whos teachin what in school.
    Piltdown man was considered the 'missing link' by the majority of scientists when discovered, not evidence against evolution... What obscure reference did you get that from? I'm rather interested in it.
    The phrase take my advice was used metiphorically as a figure of speech.
    I didn't mean to call you illogical, false, and shallow. I just used those terms to discribe some specific views, apparently held by you on this particular topic (evolutionary theory) in those terms. There is a big differance. Nobody no matter how logical, smart, and deep they are as a person is 100% accurate, logical, and deep in all things. Please do not take insult by those terms. I did not expect that you would take my words so literally. Sorry.
    Like I said above I wrote a very long post explaining the vast amount of time that led into the "cambrian explosion" (plenty of time for much evolutionary diversity and changes to take place, plus it occured over 500 millian years ago after a very poorly understood period of time) and a big ol diatribe re Piltdwon man. I don't know why it wont let me make long posts but I'd better cut this off now or I will lose this one as well. Plus I have to be up in a few hours to get to work.

Old Texan
    OH shit I just stayed up late and spent over an hour typing a long post here and the god damned site said I wasn't logged in (and I was). Then when I logged in again, it said thank you for logging in and promptly kicked me out again and the whole damn post was lost. What is this??
    An Omen perhaps?????

Kurtis500
    The phrase take my advice was used metiphorically as a figure of speech.
    I didn't mean to call you illogical, false, and shallow. I just used those terms to discribe some specific views, apparently held by you on this particular topic (evolutionary theory) in those terms. There is a big differance. Nobody no matter how logical, smart, and deep they are as a person is 100% accurate, logical, and deep in all things. Please do not take insult by those terms. I did not expect that you would take my words so literally. Sorry.
    I wasn't insulted at all.
    Like I said above I wrote a very long post explaining the vast amount of time that led into the "cambrian explosion" (plenty of time for much evolutionary diversity and changes to take place, plus it occured over 500 millian years ago after a very poorly understood period of time) and a big ol diatribe re Piltdwon man. I don't know why it wont let me make long posts but I'd better cut this off now or I will lose this one as well. Plus I have to be up in a few hours to get to work.
    It was the effort that counts

OKIE-JET
    I think it was telling you to sleep before your blood pressure blew out your arteries. Kurtis 500, did you say debate or arguement? If you will look at ES's posts on this as well as other topics, he is a person who debates from all sides of almost every issue. This tells me he is opened minded to all ideas and theories concerning his interests. I dont think he is trying to shove his beliefs down your throat because they seem to me to be everchanging, maybe not his core beliefs, but the processes he uses to shape them, much as my own. I do not want to speak for him, this is just MY assessment. I, however, believe wholehartedly in GOD and his plan for salvation, so my arguements are somewhat skewed to reflect my basic beliefs and naturally, when someone doesnt agree, my pulse tends to quicken. Much as yourself, IMHO.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast