Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are there any girls in racing

Stab-n-Steer
    BOATRACEGIRL:
    Does any one know if any girls race in the superstock series or if there allowed . Just bought a biesmyer and would like to start racing. And does anyone know if theres any races coming up that I could go to wink Any help would be greatly appreciated smile_sp BoatRaceGirl,
    I am not aware of any ladies in the SS Series but there is an all girl team in Crackerboxes this year... Amy Ross driving and Courtney Canfield riding. They are going for the national title. The first race was at Ming and they ran 2nd in an 11 boat field. The next race is April 4-5 at Parker. The boat is the named "P" Power wink
    S&S

126driver
    Sangster:
    76biesmeyer:
    Boatrace girl lets see some pic of your new ride!!! I've seen a biesmeyer before.. idea .Lets see the Boatrace Girl smile_sp smile_sp OK, a compromise: how about a pic of the boat with boatracegirl draped all over it? wink

126driver
    S & S, Amy's driving now? I do believe she knows my brother. Ask her about "Rod-Pocket". eek!

126driver
    BILLY.B:
    Sangster ck your pm's Hhmmm. You know something that we don't Billy?

Stab-n-Steer
    126driver:
    S & S, Amy's driving now? I do believe she knows my brother. Ask her about "Rod-Pocket". eek! "Rod Pocket"? Does that trait run in the family? wink Yeah, Amy's driving her Dad's boat, 96-P She's doing a great job. Stands on the gas! Now that Courtney Canfield is riding with her, John Canfield needs a rider for the 99-P, Black & Blue...You guessed it, that would be me eek! We won't run Parker but we'll be in Burley and all the No. Cal races.
    S&S

blondie#1
    BOATRACEGIRL:
    Does any one know if any girls race in the superstock series or if there allowed . Just bought a biesmyer and would like to start racing. And does anyone know if theres any races coming up that I could go to wink Any help would be greatly appreciated smile_sp Yes there are ladies racing. If you are from S.CA. get a hold of Jim Best. If you are in the WA. area, let's talk. The best place to start (if you've never raced before)is in a Nostalgic Circle boat class. You will get experience there and it will help you decide if you really want to get into this. I'm (so far) the only lady driver here in washington. I've taken the championship two years now. We shall see what happens this year. DON'T let the guys try and talk you into a powderpuff class. Learning to race with the guys is a kick. All I can tell you is give it a try. But I would start with a slower class until you get a handle on how it feels in a corner at competition level. That again is for you to decide. Good luck to you. Have a lot of good safe fun. By the way there is nothing in the rules anywhere (that I'm aware of) that says ladies can't race with the guys. So, don't be shy, just go do it.
    From one lady racer to another. GO GIRL! wink

CircleJerk
    What did I tell ya? Glad the laundry is done! smile_sp

LeE ss13
    Stab-n-Steer:
    I am not aware of any ladies in the SS Series but there is an all girl team in Crackerboxes this year... Amy Ross driving and Courtney Canfield riding. They are going for the national title. The first race was at Ming and they ran 2nd in an 11 boat field. The next race is April 4-5 at Parker. The boat is the named "P" Power wink
    S&S Met them at the April 5th & 6th Races at Parker this last weekend. Watched them go into the first turn 7th and finish the race in 2nd. WOW !!!
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/516/308Amy___Courtney-med.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/516/308P_96-med.jpg[/img]

BILLY.B
    BOATRACEGIRL:
    Does any one know if any girls race in the superstock series or if there allowed . Just bought a biesmyer and would like to start racing. And does anyone know if theres any races coming up that I could go to wink Any help would be greatly appreciated smile_sp BRG, you might talk to the video guy (Jerry Griffin), he goes to a lot of the races fliming the races for the super stock racing series, and he just might have footage of some women in racing. wink

BOATRACEGIRL
    Thanks Billy I think I know who your talking about. I saw a really good looking guy wink wink videoing the races he had a hat on. I also saw and met Amy and Quortney at the races those girls rock. There was an ss boat there with the coolest paint job I think the owners name was Skip. Is there any Girls that race Superstock??? and how do I get A hold of the good looking Videoguy to get a tape. Does anyone know who painted that boat or of any good No Cal boat painters

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast