Thread: steering

votech
    need to change my power steering to hydraulic, can you tell me the diff between seastar and the pro series seastar. proseries better? thay say it's more solid above 60mph,so is the regular just as good? thanks chris

need to change my power steering to hydraulic, can you tell me the diff between seastar and the pro series seastar. proseries better? thay say it's more solid above 60mph,so is the regular just as good? thanks chris
    I think the diffeance is the seastar is rated for under300 hp and the proseries seastar is for over 300hp. But dont hold me to it.

vishus
    what HP and speeds do you expect to run? If you have a high HP/speed application( above 150HP/55mph), go with the PRO. IF you have a low HP/low speed application the standard is fine.
    I run the PRO and it is light years from the cable fight I used to have on a small boat/200+HP motor...
    good luck, you'll love the feel of hydraulic...

votech
    well i only go top speed around 62,but want the right one, i had the standard on my old boat,this boat[sanger] has factory merc power steering but the parts are no longer avalible so i have to switch

Towndrunk
    what HP and speeds do you expect to run? If you have a high HP/speed application( above 150HP/55mph), go with the PRO. IF you have a low HP/low speed application the standard is fine.
    I run the PRO and it is light years from the cable fight I used to have on a small boat/200+HP motor...
    good luck, you'll love the feel of hydraulic...
    Cable night mare you mean!! It now has hyd steering in a box waiting for me to paint the boat.

vishus
    cool, can't wait to see how it looks painted. are you putting the "motor" on it? that should be SCARY FAST!!! (God forbid you run the NOS!)
    later man,
    sid

Towndrunk
    cool, can't wait to see how it looks painted. are you putting the "motor" on it? that should be SCARY FAST!!! (God forbid you run the NOS!)
    later man,
    sid
    Yep, the full deal. Getting ready to flip her soon.