Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tell me everything you know about Black Max's

uselessgrant
    Useless, if I end up getting the 200, then I'll be selling the Chrysler. Interested? Make an offer. It'll be available at the beginning of April.
    And boats&bars, I do plan on putting a 20" or shorter shaft on it eventually. Gotta save up the $$$. Hey useless, let's trade. :idea:
    trade what for what?

Zaairman
    Oh god. I think I just bought another boat. A 1987 Chaparral 198 XL with a 200 Merc Black Max on it...
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...5&d=1171430198
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...6&d=1171430215
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...7&d=1171430226
    Anybody wanna buy a 1987 Chaparral witha 135 Chrysler on it?

Zaairman
    Well, I bought it. Not bad for $750....

IMPATIENT 1
    Well, I bought it. Not bad for $750....
    is the other still for sale for that much??

Zaairman
    is the other still for sale for that much??
    Is what still for sale for how much? The Yamaha is still for sale (I think). I haven't heard from the guy in a few days, normally it'd take him an hour or two to reply....

Zaairman
    God... people are RETARDED! Apparently when I asked the seller if the motor ran, I needed to specify for HOW LONG it ran. He only had it running for two seconds before it sputtered out and died, and he hadnt' touched it since. He said the rest of the motor was in good condition. Riiiight, except for the cracked skeg, lack of compression (could turn it over by hand), and chewed up prop. He said the hull was fine except for a soft spot in the floor. I'm suprised the transom was still holding the motor up.

BREWDUDE
    God... people are RETARDED! Apparently when I asked the seller if the motor ran, I needed to specify for HOW LONG it ran. He only had it running for two seconds before it sputtered out and died, and he hadnt' touched it since. He said the rest of the motor was in good condition. Riiiight, except for the cracked skeg, lack of compression (could turn it over by hand), and chewed up prop. He said the hull was fine except for a soft spot in the floor. I'm suprised the transom was still holding the motor up.
    I'm so glad no money was exchanged before I looked at that thing. The more I think about it, the more pissed I get that the guy was such a douche.
    BREW:chi:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123