Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Honda CR 500 R dirtbike. how do I find out how much it's worth?

scarabrick2
    1986 cr500r used, but not really to abused. Fresh moto,r bunch of parts and a new carb. How do I find out how much it's worth? don't have the title (live in Vegas) but it still has an old green sticker on it. Someone one here has a connection to get the title and I will pay for it if needed.

Trailer Park Casanova
    If you stop by your local Honda dealer they will usually look it up for you and tell you a realistic figure too.
    That's how I do it, and it seems to be pretty accurate.
    Some of them are very desireable.

wsuwrhr
    If I could start it I would love to have that bike.

Brian

scarabrick2
    Starts usually in three kicks. I prime the jug by rockin it back in forth in 3rd gear, kill button pressed ,grabbing the front brake and after that two to three kicks ur good to go.

THOR

Brian
    Brian,
    starting is a breeze. Mine starts first kick hot or cold. You need to learn the "ritual" and you will be home free.

Outnumbered
    Just run a Cycle Trader search. I'm guessing $2,000 to $2,500 but I'm not a Honda guy so I am not too familiar with the values on those bikes.

wsuwrhr
    My 150lb ass can't develop enough torque to move the kick starter.
    Believe me, I have tried.
    Brian

cola

Brian
    If you think the 86's are hard to start, don't buy a 85. Honda backed those bikes off every year after they went to H2o cooled. I ran the 85 - 87 - 92 then the 95 before making the move to the YZF400. I loved the big Honda's. Went through a lot of rear break pads & rotors trying to tame the beast.
    Mike

OCMerrill
    I had an 85 for one year then bought a brand new 90. The 85 made the 90 feel like a 250 when starting.
    We used to joke...If the tiny japes had to start their own bikes.....we would not have this problem. Hiring sumo wrestlers for kick start market studies does not count.
    And a YZ400 of the first year was also a major starting PITA. Pull the knob, push in the red know, pull the lever, kick through to just past TDC, release the lever, push in the red knob.....WTF where is the nearest hill?
    I also had an XR600R with the dual carbs. Lean that thing over, take a fall and your walking. Period.

killerbeez
    I would think right in the range of $1200-$1500.$1500 if it is in really good condition.I have seen the 2000-2002(last year made) go for $2200-$2500.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast