Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What if you told the hospital U R homeless and penniless...

Scarab Jet
    So, I had to take my wife to emergency room the other day... Thank god, she is OK and it wasn't anything long lasting (ended up being an inner ear infection/vertigo thing)... Any rate, they admitted her and after 4 nights at the hospital and bunch of tests with all the acronyms one can think of (MRI, MRA, EKG, ...), we got the bill...
    Would U believe $40K? Thank god [again] that I have insurance through work and they paid most of it... but was wonderin'... does anybody know what would have happened [when the gal in the emergency room pulled me aside and asked to fill out all the insurance paper work], if I had told her that I don't even know her and as far I knew she is homeless and doesn't have any money to pay for emergency room or anything afterwards?
    I am just sick and tired of keep paying our premium and being charged a ridiculous amount for hospitalization ($6.00 for a single Tylenol tablet!) for healthcare to pay for the ones that don't have insurance... It is just not fair.
    Seriously, I am really curious and want to join the crowd and instead of paying my hard earned cash for medical bills and insurance premiums, rather put the money toward gas in my boat ... do any of you guys and gals know what would happen if I had indeed told them that neither one of us have any social security numbers and are penniless and homeless?
    Any thoughts would be appreciated...
    Mike... (The guy who is tired of paying his share but getting shafted because others don't)...

riverbound
    Seriously, I am really curious and want to join the crowd and instead of paying my hard earned cash for medical bills and insurance premiums, rather put the money toward gas in my boat ...
    Im confused as to what you are saying here....are you hinting that most of us put gas in our boat and freeload off the system instead of paying health insurance?

Scarab Jet
    Im confused as to what you are saying here....are you hinting that most of us put gas in our boat and freeload off the system instead of paying health insurance?
    No, not at all... sorry if it came out that way... by crowd, I didn't mean the ***boat folks... just anybody who doesn't...

NashvilleBound
    Im confused too........ I almost think my feelings are hurt.........

riverbound
    No, not at all... sorry if it came out that way... by crowd, I didn't mean the ***boat folks... just anybody who doesn't...
    I would venture to say that there are VERY few people who are getting propper medical attention without insurance or some sort of financial backing.

Scarab Jet
    Im confused too........ I almost think my feelings are hurt.........
    Didn't mean to hurt your feelings Nashville... My apologies...

NashvilleBound
    Didn't mean to hurt your feelings Nashville... My apologies...
    LOl, no worries....just jokin.
    While in San Diego I heard they will tell you where to go for services instead of their hospitol. Kinda like if your terminal they will put a bandaid on and transport you accordingly. Course all the illegals get free care....thats why your Asprin is $6. Out here they will take you no matter what.....no waiting while you keel over in the lobby filling out paperwork.

Scarab Jet
    I would venture to say that there are VERY few people who are getting propper medical attention without insurance or some sort of financial backing.
    So, would they kick us out of the Emergency room? I hear all of these news about how illegals can go into the emergency room and the doctors HAVE TO provide them care free of charge... Or... would they have treated her in the emergency but would not admit her once they found out that we don't have insurance? Or perhaps transfer us to a County hospital?
    I just don't know the answer...

eliminatedsprinter
    Tell the Hospital she's an illeagal alien. That will work better.

Scarab Jet
    Tell the Hospital she's an illeagal alien. That will work better.
    That's exactly what I was thinkin'... what if I did? what would they do? granted she doesn't look Mexican, but I can alway say she is an Illegal Alien from somewhere in Europe or Canada...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast