Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need an OMC rebuild guru

Robert1050
    My 1984 235 has finally gone south on me, seized a piston and cracked the sleeve. I need to find someone, or a shop that can re-build the motor for me - I've looked into re-powering my Daytona with a Merc, but the time & cost to re-wire, re-plumb and fab new engine mounts & brackets is more than I care to put into the boat right now. I checked with John's Custom Marine & they have no interest in doing an early motor like mine, so that leaves me stuck.
    Anyone know of a good OMC shop they could recommend?
    Thanks,
    Robert

Give Rodesway a call in Glendora. They've done a lot of OMC stuff over the years.

RitcheyRch
    Surprised to hear Johns Custom Marine doesnt want your money. I also have heard good things about the place Rexone recommended. What city do you live in or near?

Robert1050
    Now that I think about it, Rodesway did some work on the boat decades ago - I'll look their number up & give them a shout - Thanks for the reminder.
    I live in Anaheim, work in Carson & the boat is in Havasu, so location isn't an issue.....
    John's Custom - I spoke with Big John, he said Alan had hurt is back on a rebuild and was not interested in doing an old motor, but that they would gladly sell me a new E-Tec......

Towndrunk
    Now that I think about it, Rodesway did some work on the boat decades ago - I'll look their number up & give them a shout - Thanks for the reminder.
    I live in Anaheim, work in Carson & the boat is in Havasu, so location isn't an issue.....
    John's Custom - I spoke with Big John, he said Alan had hurt is back on a rebuild and was not interested in doing an old motor, but that they would gladly sell me a new E-Tec......
    Probably wants to sell you one of those slow ugly Stokers to go with it!!

RitcheyRch
    yeah you definitely wouldnt want to own one of those POS.
    Probably wants to sell you one of those slow ugly Stokers to go with it!!

Robert1050
    yeah you definitely wouldnt want to own one of those POS.
    Hey, I already own one of it's cousins - mine's just a little lighter & can take bigger water.....
    Robert

RitcheyRch
    Is ok, I own one of them.
    Hey, I already own one of it's cousins - mine's just a little lighter & can take bigger water.....
    Robert

Stoker22
    I have no problem rebuilding your engine if the block can be saved, I am just not doing any port work because of my back issue. Sounds like there may have been a misunderstanding, bring it on by and I will be happy to take a look at it.
    Al Stoker

Second "PLACE"
    Try Randy Barton over at Tom Smith Marine in Signal Hill, Ca. He did my '92 225 Johnson several years ago. A reman power head should be easy to come by.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast