Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need an OMC rebuild guru

Forkin' Crazy
    #1 These are great engines.
    #2 If Stoker22 is really Al Stoker, he is tha man.
    One of mine is a 1980 model, and it has run a light hull well over 90 mph. It gave very little trouble. The looper OMCs are awesome and the Mercs too.
    But if you are on a budget, the crossflow is the way to go!!!

eliminatedsprinter
    I had my 1985 crossflow rebuilt, by an apparently less than expert shop, a couple of years ago. If I were doing it over again, I would have invested in new power (or a different boat). After spending an ungodly amount it's still about 500 rpm and 5-7 mph down from what it ran before the rebuild.
    That's why I'm taking it in to Stoker on the 22nd for them to do it's servicing and see if they can set it right.

WVspeedfreak
    My brother has a 20 foot checkmate with a 235 . He just had the block resleeved on 1 cylinder and just put it back together. He can't find a cylinder head to replace the one that is all tore up. He needs the left side I believe. He has been looking for months. Any help would be appreciated.

Faceaz
    Talk to Joel over @ Roads Way, he took over the shop from his father when he retired. They rebuilt a v8 lower unit for me in under a week, including ordering parts, haven't had a problem since.

Robert1050
    Thanks for all of the advice! I did contact Joel Rodes, unfortunately the line he had on a looper didn't pan out, but he did suggest I call Alan Stoker again.
    I did & spoke to him at great length - sounds like he has a '96 looper that will work for me, I'm going to stop by tomorrow & take a look at it.
    Robert

Kim Hanson
    I have no problem rebuilding your engine if the block can be saved, I am just not doing any port work because of my back issue. Sounds like there may have been a misunderstanding, bring it on by and I will be happy to take a look at it.
    Al Stoker
    Are you really the man? If so, would you by any chance have something in V8 power for sale...I like lots of horsepower, just blew up a 340 hp 275 Rude...I will travel for good ones.........( . )( . ).............:idea:

Towndrunk
    Are you really the man? If so, would you by any chance have something in V8 power for sale...I like lots of horsepower, just blew up a 340 hp 275 Rude...I will travel for good ones.........( . )( . ).............:idea:
    It takes a LOT of Slowmcee horsepower to keep up with a Merc.

Kim Hanson
    It takes a LOT of Slowmcee horsepower to keep up with a Merc.
    I have not had a merc in front of me, soooooo Krazy Glue has not come up with something to keep my engines together yet! NOS isn't even a thought................yet!........

Towndrunk
    I have not had a merc in front of me, soooooo Krazy Glue has not come up with something to keep my engines together yet! NOS isn't even a thought................yet!........
    Thats probably cause there isn't a merc in Canuckville. Cmon down I know of at least 1 for you to study the back end of.

Kim Hanson
    Thats probably cause there isn't a merc in Canuckville. Cmon down I know of at least 1 for you to study the back end of.
    Im thinking of getting this one and it some Mariner thingy on it it just sounds like a fishin boat don't .........( . )( . )..........
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...4&d=1171645096

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast