Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Hot Boats and Babes 2006 photo shoot

Taylorman
    In all honesty, the reason I am not attending the bikini bash is because of the location. Lake Travis is not known for being freeboard challenged friendly. Way to many "Big" boats around. Good luck to all who attend, and I cant wait to see the pics!!!!
    Someone should contact them and tell them they would get more attendance if they have it somewhere else.

TexasJet
    How many was it last year?
    I don't know how many registered but there was 60 to 70 boats and probably 200 people.

Devilman
    Someone should contact them and tell them they would get more attendance if they have it somewhere else.
    May be too late by now. I'm sure they'll get more as time goes by....

Rocket
    I noticed the fees are higher this year also last year it was what 15.00 per person and this year it's 35.00 per person.
    But look at what you get for your $35.00 Bucks!!!
    Includes T-shirt, the use of the boat ramp, use of the resort (Not a public park), one Saturday evening catered meal, live band in the bar, $2 drink special at the bar all day, VIP room upstairs of the bar (all night), SECURITY IN THE PARKING LOT BOTH NIGHTS, simulcast over the Internet, catered Sunday brunch, the opportunity to have models pictured on your boat, chance to get noticed by Hot boat magazine, time with new and old friends, the experience of a new lake with people who live on the lake, group event picture
    Or you can go this way:
    Let me ala cart (piece price) this event.
    Event T-shirt - $18.00, Included in registration, 1 per registered user.
    Saturday night meal and trophy presentation - $15.00, Included in registration, 1 per registered user.
    Sunday Brunch - $15.00, Included in registration, 1 per registered user.
    Boat ramp/resort usage per day - $10.00, Included in registration, 3 day usage.
    Models pictured on your boat - $50.00 per hour, per model. Included with registration. Photo pricing is going to be special for registered boaters. Registered boaters will get priority over all other boats.
    Event group photo - $12.00, Included in registration, 1 per registered user.

R.A.D.man
    In all honesty, the reason I am not attending the bikini bash is because of the location. Lake Travis is not known for being freeboard challenged friendly. Way to many "Big" boats around. Good luck to all who attend, and I cant wait to see the pics!!!!
    I have to disagree with this based on where the event is being held. Yes the lower end of Lake Travis, from the event location towards the dam is rough due to the traffic and big boats. I do not generally go that way in my 18-ft jet, but go up river from there, and it is awesome for my boat and all of yours too. There are miles of lake and river and few boats in that direction, private coves with some long ones, cliffs, some soft shorelines, etc. There is also fuel on the lake right across from the event and one more spot about 10-miles up river. I go all the time just to cruise. From the event location, if you count both rivers up stream from here, there is an easy 40-miles of water. You would be mistaken if you did not attend due to the lakes big boat reputation. Those boats just generally stay down lake from this area. Dependant on weather, I will be taking a cruise out there ASAP. If I do, I will take a camera and snap a bunch of shots of what is out there. I will need help posting them, but surely you guys can help me out. All the more reason to get the boat wet.
    I want to attend this thing too, but I am to be out of town that week. If I return as early as Saturday, I will be coming out just to meet those I can. I will likely register even though I do not know if I can make it. That's my plan. I hope to see you there.

Rocket
    If I do, I will take a camera and snap a bunch of shots of what is out there. I will need help posting them, but surely you guys can help me out..
    RAD Man,,, I'd be happy to help you get them photos posted!!!
    If you can get them on your computer and into and E-mail,,,, Then I'll do the rest!!!! :rollside:
    Thanks for your Help and input!!!!!!

Greaser
    I have to disagree with this based on where the event is being held. Yes the lower end of Lake Travis, from the event location towards the dam is rough due to the traffic and big boats. I do not generally go that way in my 18-ft jet, but go up river from there, and it is awesome for my boat and all of yours too. There are miles of lake and river and few boats in that direction, private coves with some long ones, cliffs, some soft shorelines, etc. There is also fuel on the lake right across from the event and one more spot about 10-miles up river. I go all the time just to cruise. From the event location, if you count both rivers up stream from here, there is an easy 40-miles of water. You would be mistaken if you did not attend due to the lakes big boat reputation. Those boats just generally stay down lake from this area. Dependant on weather, I will be taking a cruise out there ASAP. If I do, I will take a camera and snap a bunch of shots of what is out there. I will need help posting them, but surely you guys can help me out. All the more reason to get the boat wet.
    I want to attend this thing too, but I am to be out of town that week. If I return as early as Saturday, I will be coming out just to meet those I can. I will likely register even though I do not know if I can make it. That's my plan. I hope to see you there.
    Thats good to know. I have never been on lake travis, due to my previos statement. Although, I still wont be able to attend due to prior commitments. To everone who attends, be safe, and have fun, and dont forget to take pics!!!!!

R.A.D.man
    RAD Man,,, I'd be happy to help you get them photos posted!!!
    If you can get them on your computer and into and E-mail,,,, Then I'll do the rest!!!! :rollside:
    Thanks for your Help and input!!!!!!
    You got it Rocket! I just checked the report for this Sunday and it may be a little cool, but I will decide then. Might just have to take a little something to keep me warm. I wanna go to the lake!!!!!!!!!!!

Devilman
    Thats good to know. I have never been on lake travis, due to my previos statement. Although, I still wont be able to attend due to prior commitments. To everone who attends, be safe, and have fun, and dont forget to take pics!!!!!
    Puss.....

1slowboat
    i'm in for round 2 :rollside:

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast