Thread: ELLIS TRAILER Help

cole555
    I have a 1988 Ellis Trailer for my Cole 20 ss .Problem I bought it from another state Texas ,time to register it in Oregon ,Have a title from Texas ,but someone repainted it ,and I can not find the numbers any where on the trailer.:idea:
    Anybody have suggestion how I should fix this.

RiverDave
    I have a 1988 Ellis Trailer for my Cole 20 ss .Problem I bought it from another state Texas ,time to register it in Oregon ,Have a title from Texas ,but someone repainted it ,and I can not find the numbers any where on the trailer.:idea:
    Anybody have suggestion how I should fix this.
    Does the title have the #'s on it? If so get another plate made with the same #'s and have it welded on? Problem solved.
    RD

PETEROC
    On my 1984 Ellis trailer the numbers are stamped just below the hitch on a verticle surface facing forward. Try looking there.

Bobbo541
    Go to DMV and tell them you built a new trailer for your boat and you need to register it.

Bobbo541
    Michael Livingston of Ellis trailers is opening his own shop and might be able to help you.There is a thread 4 pages back that has his email on it.

roseway
    Hey Doug, you can go to the DMV and get a new number for it. It's no big
    deal, tell them what your deal is, give them the money and away you go.
    You will have to drag the trailer to them so they can put the sticker on it.
    I had the same exact problem with my road trailer. Call me if you want to talk. Cheryl has my number.

Cheyenne372
    You might call the DVM first. In Texas, if you try to register a new trailer from another state or register a new "homemade" trailer, you have to present a weight ticket from a bonded scale showing the empty weight of the trailer and tell them what the gross weight that the trailer will carry will be.