Just kidding...I figured that would get a few of your attention to help answer me some propeller questions. Actually my boat only came with 1 propeller.
Being the typical " Gearhead" I have this badass blown V-Drive that I haven't even driven yet, and I'm already trying to figure out how to make it faster. Being this is my first V-Drive, I have a million questions, I'll limit this post to prop selection. Here in northern WV there are no other V-Drives within a million miles. I have half a dozen other boats ....v-8 I/O's, big outboards, blah, blah ,blah...For years I have played the prop game with all my other boats...even with my twin ford powered 45' houseboat. Always looking for that last little bit of speed. Changing the pitch, diameter,the rake ,getting a chopper ,raker , 3 blade, 4 blade, cupped, and every combination possible, looking for better hole-shot, bow lift, top end, tube pulling power etc, etc , etc.....
Now after reading different posts on here, and reading what people on here are running on their boat I have noticed something verry different from other types of boats. Everyone nearly uses the same prop or something verry close. My boat came with a menkens 11.5 by 15. I have noticed that a lot of boats run the same prop, even with verry different hp and weight boats, with the tuning being done with the gears in the v- drive. Is cup and rake not as important with a v- driven boat?? Is there speed to be gained by trying some different props??? The prop on my boat seems so small compared to the props I run on my other boats, yet it has twice the power. I'm new to this V- drive game , so someone please clue me in>>>>>
Thanks, Mike