Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brendla boats???

VoodooCanoe426
    Thanks for all the replies. pgf127rt I would be very interested in hearing more about your Hondo. Drop me a email and lets talk.
    Thanks again everybody, it's great to find a forum like this!

Costello
    Originally posted by Riptide01:
    Hey Costello,
    F.Y.I.
    Irv Brendella started Brendella boats in 1958.He changed the name to Hondo in the late 60's.(After a favorite dog). The Brendella name came back in the late 70s, after the divorce. His wife got the Hondo name. And becareful, the 1962 Howards and several others were 17 to 18 feet in length.
    Sounds like the above mentioned boat may be a Brendella then. I knew that Hondo was Irv Brendell's dog, and that was where the name came from. You are correct also in that Howard Brown had the longer flats earlier than most anyone else. I have seen pictures as early as 1963 or 64 with Howard at the wheel of a flats that looked ahead of the time.

HavasuDreamin'
    Originally posted by Riptide01:
    Hey Costello,
    F.Y.I.
    Irv Brendella started Brendella boats in 1958.He changed the name to Hondo in the late 60's.(After a favorite dog). The Brendella name came back in the late 70s, after the divorce. His wife got the Hondo name. And becareful, the 1962 Howards and several others were 17 to 18 feet in length.
    [This message has been edited by Riptide01 (edited June 08, 2002).]
    Yeah, my dad and great uncle raced in the early 60's a fiberglassed cover wood Brendella. About 14' to 15' long with a 45 horse Mark 58 Merc on the back. They ran all over, Havasu Classic, Salt n Sea, etc. #145DM. The Brendella was a sharp boat, even back then. It had great lines.

VoodooCanoe426
    Well I bought the Brendella for $1000. It's only missing the carb. Now the fun begins! I know it's not going to cure my speed itch, but at least it will get me off the beach.

SWW
    E bay ? looks like a good deal

rrrr
    VC, I live in Plano, working on a resto project too. Let me know if you need some help. I would be happy to exchange some labor with you, some of the stuff I am doing is tough with one person.

VoodooCanoe426
    Yeah it was on ebay. rrrr that sounds like a plan. Drop me a email and let me know what your working on.

Riptide01
    Originally posted by VoodooCanoe426:
    I am looking at a 1962 Brendla v-drive with a small block chevy in it. Whats the word on these boats? I am replacing a 1969 Sanger bubble deck. This boat is a big project which will be repowered and comsmetics redone. I am looking for a good family lake boat this time. Any help would be great as I live in the land of non v-drives
    Hey Voodoo,
    You should have held on to the 1969 Sanger Bubble deck. It would be worth much more then the Brendella. Sanger didnt produce the bubble deck until 1972.
    Just having a boring day at the office.

VoodooCanoe426
    Yeah your right riptide. My first sanger was a 69, but the last one was a 1974. My mistake, been on the beach too long.

Riptide01
    I know the feeling, How is your new project going?
    I shouldnt talk. I need to get busy on the old Sanger wood deck we got from 058.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast