Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Let's see your Waterski collection

BADAXE

obnoxious001
    The Vogues are cool, I still have my first Vogue Concave. If I get ambitious I will get it down from the rafters and shoot a photo with my more current Mahas.

The Vogues are cool, I still have my first Vogue Concave. If I get ambitious I will get it down from the rafters and shoot a photo with my more current Mahas.
    Sold a lot of those Vogues for ol Sam & co. back in the day.

Squirtin Thunder
    The question is can you still get up on them ???

obnoxious001
    The question is can you still get up on them ???
    That shouldn't be a big problem, I was involved in water ski racing up until two years ago. Kind of like riding a bike.

Cole1313
    I will pull some photos off the home computer tonight.

BADAXE
    I got the yellow Vogue for my 16th birthday, which makes it 30 years old. It was the purfect "Lake Arrowhead weekend chop" ski. The white one I found on ebay and won the auction at $9.99, it cost more for shipping than the ski. It still had the original binding so I put the plates on and my son uses it. Oh ya....there both triple tunnels so they don't turn great but they're very stabile.

obnoxious001
    A family friend worked for Sam Romano at Vogue back in the 60's. I recall that I was going to buy a used "banana" Vogue from a friend just as they released the new "concave slalom" model. Bruce suggested that it would be a much better ski for me, and I think I paid a whopping $60 for a new one with full bindings and a bag. I don't know what year they first released them, I would guess about 38 years ago. Guess that says something about how long I have been water skiing.

Beer-30
    That shouldn't be a big problem. Kind of like riding a bike.
    Yeah, that's what I thought. We docked at Kokomos one day. While headed back to the houseboat in Steamboat, I decided I wanted to try skiing again instead of wakeboarding. 4 tries later, I gave up. Of course, I don't recall how many drinks I had at Kokomos, either. Could've been the problem as I have been back up since then. Didn't ski at all last year though.
    Kidder KD7000 - 68" - double prowraps

BADAXE
    How about some pictures of wake jumping skis.
    The Vogue Square Tail, Connelly Wake Special, HO Vertical Air, all make great jumpers. I can even get my fat arsh a few feet in the air on my Big Daddy.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast