Thread: Underdog Rides Again

SoCal Power
    G.S. Marine is now the proud owner of the original 19' daytona tunnel molds. Please contact 951-272-6060 if you have an interest in building one.
    db

RIVERTIME247
    G.S. Marine is now the proud owner of the original 19' daytona tunnel molds. Please contact 951-272-6060 if you have an interest in building one.
    db
    hey dave ...i think shoe did mike D's 19 thats in the just jets section and i got to see it in person when i was out there last week...shes real purdy !

Mike D..
    hey dave ...i think shoe did mike D's 19 thats in the just jets section and i got to see it in person when i was out there last week...shes real purdy !
    That is the one !! My boat is out of the orginal mold, a little bit of history here its the same mold that all of the underdogs where built out of. I know that there are plans to have all kinds of different lay ups done, from inexpensive to very expensive.

RIVERTIME247
    man your boat looks so good i think im gonna have to sell my tx19 ....just joking i just got it!

MudPumper
    Do these 19's have the bottom mod???

SoCal Power
    GS is doing a great job on it. It's good to see the molds in the hands of the person who was a driving force in helping establish the hull's legacy.
    Regarding the bottom mod...........the original flat keel was replaced with a radiused design years ago. For high performance/race applications it is recommended that a custom keel be added after the hull is built. Keels vary in depth, length and profile depending on HP, weight etc. There are also inserts that are used in the bottom mold that effect certain performance characteristics.