Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Perfect Day at Catalina

Dkahnjob
    I went over to Avalon yesterday (Saturday 2-3-07) had lots of fun. Marina Del Rey to Avalon, going over was pretty smooth, the trip back was kind of rough, but still fun. When we left Avalon about 3:15 pm we went up to the Isthmus before heading across so we would be at a better angle to the seas. It worked out pretty well. I am very impressed with the rough water handling and solid feel of the boat (2000 Lighting Classic). It is really a solid boat. I am sure Lake Havasu will not have any water that will even compare to what we had on the trip home yesterday.
    David
    http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r...in005Small.jpg
    http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r...in007Small.jpg

ToMorrow44
    Wow looks like an awesome day out there thanks for posting.
    -Tom

Hardly Satisfied
    nice pics

doc_texoma
    pretty boat for sure...

Trailer Park Casanova
    Nice pix.
    El Nino is coming.
    Going to be a nice year for Catalina.
    Did ya make it to the Marlin Club?

Dkahnjob
    Nice pix.
    El Nino is coming.
    Going to be a nice year for Catalina.
    Did ya make it to the Marlin Club?
    We got a late start, so we went to Armstrongs and had a great lunch, then to Olifs for some Ice cream desert. Fun trip.
    Dave

dicudmore
    looks like it was a great day out there

Dkahnjob
    looks like it was a great day out there
    HI Dan,
    How are things in Havasu, I haven't been there in such a long time, is my house still next door to you? Hope to be up there in a couple of weeks.
    Dave

dicudmore
    HI Dan,
    How are things in Havasu, I haven't been there in such a long time, is my house still next door to you? Hope to be up there in a couple of weeks.
    Dave
    Hey Dave,
    Yes the house is still next door--however when I was there sunday, where your yard used to be, well...used being the operative word. They are doing sewer construction, currently your front yard is torn all to hell, guess I'm next. Street is torn all to hell also...Hope they're done soon, makes a huge mess of the boat just towing it up the street.

Dkahnjob
    Hey Dave,
    Yes the house is still next door--however when I was there sunday, where your yard used to be, well...used being the operative word. They are doing sewer construction, currently your front yard is torn all to hell, guess I'm next. Street is torn all to hell also...Hope they're done soon, makes a huge mess of the boat just towing it up the street.
    Dan,
    Thanks for the heads up.
    I will come up the week end after this and check it out. I sold the Spectra and will need to get it out of the garage, hope the driveway is open.
    Dave

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast