Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rev limiter or what

77Woodbridge
    Hey guys,
    I need to be able to govern speed when my 16 yr old son is driving and when we are on Lake Erie and Ontario. Last fall it felt and sounded like the pump was sucking air when crossing waves (2-3ft) - rev high and then load up.
    What are my options for controlling rpms. BTW, not a high performance boat. 25ft, 454, berk 12jg. Thanks

Devilman
    Threaten to beat his ass in front of his woman if he don't back out of it?
    J/K LOL.....
    I know with some models of electronic ignition controllers, there is a "chip" or "pill" that can be plugged to limit rpms.... Not sure if it would work in the situation you descibe though. I've done that before, running across some choppy water & had the pump unload a few times. I just back out of it & slow down some.....

460 jus getn it
    Threaten to beat his ass in front of his woman if he don't back out of it?
    J/K LOL.....
    I know with some models of electronic ignition controllers, there is a "chip" or "pill" that can be plugged to limit rpms.... Not sure if it would work in the situation you descibe though. I've done that before, running across some choppy water & had the pump unload a few times. I just back out of it & slow down some.....FLMAO

Nucking futs
    Put a throttle stop on the pedal or on the carb linkage.

squirt'nmyload
    Hey guys,
    I need to be able to govern speed when my 16 yr old son is driving and when we are on Lake Erie and Ontario. Last fall it felt and sounded like the pump was sucking air when crossing waves (2-3ft) - rev high and then load up.
    What are my options for controlling rpms. BTW, not a high performance boat. 25ft, 454, berk 12jg. Thanks
    it happens all the time out here with the summer chop at the lakes.....i usually just let off till i'm back in the water like devilman says and slow it up if possible........ i don't know if you have a foot throttle, but it may be difficult to "peddle" through it if you don't have one

460 jus getn it
    ]it happens all the time out here with the summer chop at the lakes[/B].....i usually just let off till i'm back in the water like devilman says and slow it up if possible........ i don't know if you have a foot throttle, but it may be difficult to "peddle" through it if you don't have oneCavatition doesnt count.............LMAO

robk
    The MSD 6M-2 marine ignition units include a facility for rev limiter modules... Have one on my Olds but it doesnt spin fast enough to worry about a limiter
    Rob

Devilman
    FLMAO
    I think that would do the trick.
    "Why ain't you in school?"
    "It's Saturday Pops."
    "Well, go look at a school then....."
    LMAO

squirt'nmyload
    Cavatition doesnt count.............LMAO
    :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

460 jus getn it