Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Header water

e-ticket
    If I use a Rex water control valve, do I still have to use the Basset T Vaslve? Is #4 AN hose an adequate size?

If you have small enough orifaces in the header water line fittings you should not need the t valve. The t valve shuts "all" water off at idle to the headers. However if you have too much water then the t valve is one way to control it. Any raw water exiting the pipes is too much and is typically what causes water in the oil. You should just have steam and it should be barely visible at WOT. You also need to keep your "weep holes" in the bottom bend of each primary tube open. They are there to drain any small amount of excess water that might otherwise accumulate and get in through the exh valve from reversion. If you need any help just give Bob or Tom a call in the AM or email your phone to sales@rexmar.com and they'll call you. There are many ways to control header water too extensive to type out here.

schiada96
    You guys were up late, E how is that boat? Is it ready to start?

e-ticket
    Thanks, Mike. I'll just go with control valve then.
    Shiada96
    Was up late figuring plumbing parts and pricing. Got it wired up on Sunday, will finish the plumming this week and invest in an oil company to fill that pan. Did you get your motor back together?

Beautiful Noise
    e-ticket.....If you go to the Image Center MOTOR & V-DriveI have a picture of the Rex Valve mount in front of my Seat also I run the Bassett T-Valve but without the Ballbearing and Spring I also Run Jet's in my Header Line's so I only Produce a Fine Mist.
    Steve

e-ticket
    Beautiful Noise
    The T valve has 8-AN fittings and can't see increasing from a 4 size line just for the T-valve.

Beautiful Noise
    You can run any size T like I said I only use the Bassett as a T anyway's Since I run the Valve
    Steve

ss wannabe
    another idea - i use fuel injector main jets in the lines to my headers, that way i can just insert a different pill to adjust how much water i put into the pipes.

ss wannabe:
    another idea - i use fuel injector main jets in the lines to my headers, that way i can just insert a different pill to adjust how much water i put into the pipes. We recommend and sell these too. Right from enderle. It's and excellent way to meter the water.

FlatRat
    What size orffices do you suggest.I have mine at.080.Too big or too small? Also I'm running a tee valve with ball and spring.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast