Thread: Morse cable/Dom carb, how do I make it work ?

1968Droptop
    I've got a Dominator carb, and Morse throttle cable. I can't seem to figure out how to make them work together. When I push the throttle, the cable pushes out. I have nothing to attach the cable to on the carb that will allow 'pushing' to make it operate correctly. The carb only seems to work used in a 'pulling' manner to open it up.
    I also can't seem to find a bracket to work with my morse cable and the Dominator carb. I thought I'd found one, it showed up yesterday. It hit's my acc pump brackets, even though it said it was for a Dominator application ?
    Thanks for any insight you can give me !!!

Duane HTP
    You will find what you need here.
    http://www.eddiemarine.com/cart/deta...&CategoryID=15

1968Droptop
    Thanks Duane, that looks like it'd work to mount the cable, but how do I make it work on the carb ? The cable pushes out when I depress the loud pedal. My carb has no provision to mount the cable for a pushing motion. Do they make a bracket that'll bolt onto the carb to allow pushing to open and pulling to close it ?

steelcomp
    Mount the cable from the other direction. (front of the carb) The carb linkage dosen't care if you pull or push. You'll need a ball and socket for the attachment...socket adapter threads on the cable, the ball is attached to the carb linkage through one of the holes.

BOOGEYMAN
    or just turn the carb around.......the engine wont know.

Jetaholic
    or just turn the carb around.......the engine wont know.
    I'll tell it...

1968Droptop
    Mount the cable from the other direction. (front of the carb) The carb linkage dosen't care if you pull or push. You'll need a ball and socket for the attachment...socket adapter threads on the cable, the ball is attached to the carb linkage through one of the holes.
    That's to simple ! No wonder I couldn't figure it out LOL. Thanks guys.