Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Illegally Park-ed" - WTF?

core attitude
    No one disputes that an on-duty Irvine police officer got an erection and ejaculated on a motorist during an early-morning traffic stop in Laguna Beach. The female driver reported it, DNA testing confirmed it and officer David Alex Park finally admitted it.
    When the case went to trial, however, defense attorney Al Stokke argued that Park wasn’t responsible for making sticky all over the woman’s sweater. He insisted that she made the married patrolman make the mess—after all, she was on her way home from work as a dancer at Captain Cream Cabaret.
    “She got what she wanted,” said Stokke. “She’s an overtly sexual person.”
    A jury of one woman and 11 men—many white and in their 50s or 60s—agreed with Stokke. On Feb. 2, after a half-day of deliberations, they found Park notguilty of three felony charges that he’d used his badge to win sexual favors during the December 2004 traffic stop.
    Park, 31, was red-faced and unable to control his twitching foot in the moments before the verdict was announced; if convicted, he would have faced prison. When he was found not guilty, he briefly embraced Stokke. In the public seating section, tears flowed from his gray-haired motherÂ’s face. His father, a mechanic, closed his eyes and threw his head back. Outside the courtroom, surrounded by his family, a smiling Park said he felt vindicated.
    Veteran sex crimes prosecutor Shaddi Kamiabipour—who’d called Park “a predator” during the nine-day trial—said she was disappointed with the verdicts. She also dismissed Stokke’s contention that the Orange County District Attorney’s office had overcharged the case. At stake, Kamiabipour said, was the principle that no one—not even a horny cop who’d once won honors for community service—is above the law.
    “Park didn’t pick a housewife or a 17-year-old girl,” Kamiabipour said in her closing argument. “He picked a stripper. He picked the perfect victim.”
    http://www.ocweekly.com/news/news/il...park-ed/26661/

Jbb
    He belongs in prison...
    Sounds like some real intelligent folks in the Ca. jury pools....:jawdrop:

Baja Big Dog
    Unreal, you talk about our court system, this was not the courts, but the idiot selecting the jury, how can a cop (or anyone) jerk juice on anyones car for any reason????
    Another "If it dont fit" examples.
    If I were a good looking woman I sure would not drive around this guys beat, vengence will be his!!! I also would never leave the house!!

Boatcop
    Unreal, you talk about our court system, this was not the courts, but the idiot selecting the jury, how can a cop (or anyone) jerk juice on anyones car for any reason????
    Another "If it dont fit" examples.
    If I were a good looking woman I sure would not drive around this guys beat, vengence will be his!!! I also would never leave the house!!
    He's not a cop anymore.
    Thank God!

TCHB
    Yes prison get him away from the badge.

HocusPocus
    guilty... not guilty.. stripper.. not stripper.. doesn't matter, the whole thing is just wrong and he has no business being an officer of the law.

RitcheyRch
    I guess he "got off" in more ways than one.

Boatcop
    guilty... not guilty.. stripper.. not stripper.. doesn't matter, the whole thing is just wrong and he has no business being an officer of the law.
    Even with the best screening procedures in place, some whack-jobs still slip through the cracks.
    Just look at me and Kilr.

LUVNLIFE
    That's funny, you said whack-jobs, get it?

Kilrtoy
    He must have just watched the
    BAD LIEUTENANT
    he was protraying Harvey Keitel

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast